Chapter 31

A week later Max was on a radio show.

"Can we talk about your family?" The DJ asked.

"Sure." "I have a great one."

"Most people know you're married to Hallie Dylan."

"Yes, everyone thought I was just the rebound guy." "Well we've been married for twelve years, so ha ha."

"You also have children right?

"Three."

"How old?"

"Thirteen, eight and five."

"Are they why Hallie retired?"

"After our second was born, she decided to become a stay at home mom." "She does a hell of a job to." "She's the backbone of our family."

Two days later everyone was at home sitting in the living room. Hallie squinted as she looked at her phone.

"Dad, mom's squinting again." Max Jr. said.

"Baby, please put on your glasses." Max said.

"No, I don't need them.." Hallie said.

"Then why did the doctor prescribe them to you?"

"He wanted to bill our insurance."

"Hallie."

"Ok." She put her glasses on. "There, happy?"

"Yes."

"You look pretty mommy." Ashley said.

"Well mommy feels a hundred."

The next afternoon Hallie was in the laundry room. Her hair was in a messy ponytail. She had on sweat pants and a t-shirt. Hallie heard the front door open.

"I'm home." Max said.

"Hi honey."

"Hi." Max appeared in the laundry room doorway. Hallie's back was to him. She was putting clothes in the dryer.

"How was the gym?"

"Good." "Where are the kids?"

"Melissa's at cheerleading practice and Max and Ashley are at friends houses."

"So we're all alone?" He asked smirking.

"Yes." She felt his arms wrap around her waist. She smiled. "What are you doing?"

"I can't help it." "You look so sexy." She laughed and turned to face him.

"You must be really horny."

"Yes I am." They kissed.

The following week Hallie was in Chicago for signings there all week. It was Monday. She was about to leave the hotel. She was walking to the automatic doors. As she was just about there she heard.

"Hal." She knew immediately who it was without even looking up.

She looked up and saw Sam. "Sam." "Hi."

"Hi." "It's been a very long time."

"Yeah."

"Are you staying here to?"

"Yeah." "I'll be here all week."

"Me to."

"I'm on my way out but it was really nice to see you."

"Nice seeing you to." Hallie left. "Damn, she looks great." He thought.