Chapter 55

Unless it was about one of the kids Sam hadn't spoken to Hallie in three weeks. She felt terrible about how they left things She'd cried herself to sleep every night since. Andrea was there visiting for the weekend. Max Jr., Melissa and Ashley were at Max's for the weekend. Andrea had been there for a day and could tell something was wrong with Hallie. They were sitting in the living room.

"What's wrong with you?" Andrea asked.

"Three weeks ago, Sam told me he loved me."

"Well I knew that would happen and so did you." "What did you say?"

"That I don't want to hurt him but don't want to get back together." "I told him I'm worried about it not working out and it hurting the kids." "He got mad after I said that." "He said I come with excuse after excuse for not being with him." "That he loved me with all his heart but couldn't do this anymore. "He said I'll either never admit I love him, or I really don't." "Other than making arrangements about the kids, he hasn't talked to me since." "I miss him, I love him."

"Tell him that."

"I don't want to tell him over the phone."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah."

"I'll watch Penelope." "Go."

"I can't leave you here." "You came to visit me."

"It's fine, go."

Hallie booked a flight to Houston, Texas and went to pack an overnight bag

Hallie got to Sam's hotel a few hours later. She knocked on his hotel room door. He answered the door shirtless in his jeans. She could tell she had come in the middle of him washing off his face paint, because some of it was still there.

"Are the kids ok?" He asked worried.

"They're fine." "I came to talk, but you're busy." "I'll come back."

"No, come in."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She went inside. When the door was closed she hugged him. He couldn't help but hug her back. He'd missed her a lot.

She kissed him and looked at him. "I love you Sam."

He smiled. "You do?"

"Yes, I'm sorry." "I don't want to lose you "I'm scared but I want to be with you."

"I love you too." They kissed. "I've been waiting for sixteen years for you to tell me you love me again."

"I know." He picked up off the ground.

They kissed. "Say it again."

"I love you, sweetheart." They kissed and went into the bedroom.