Chapter 35

Hallie was still trying to wrap her mind around the fact that she was pregnant with Sam's baby. Max wasn't coming home for another week and she wanted to break the news to him in person. She knew he was going to be devastated. However she wanted let Sam know as soon as possible. She called some old contacts she had in AEW and discovered they would be in Miami that weekend, as well as the hotel the were staying at.

That weekend she lied to the kids and Max and said she was going to Portland to visit Andrea. She was by the front door with the kids getting ready to leave.

"You guys be good." Hallie said. "I'll be back by Sunday afternoon." "If I get any bad reports, whoever is in trouble is grounded for a week." "Hugs and kisses." They each gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Tell aunt Andrea I said hi." Max Jr. said.

"Me to." Melissa said.

"And me." Ashley said.

"I will." "I love you guys, bye." She left.

On the plane to Miami Hallie wondered what she would tell Sam.

Hallie checked into the same hotel he was staying at and told the front desk he was expecting her to get his room number. She knew she had a few hours before he would be back, so she decided to take a nap. She set her alarm for nine that night.

When she woke up she washed her face, grabbed her purse and headed out the door. She went up to Sam's floor taking a deep breath before she knocked on the door. He answered the door shirtless and in sweatpants.

"Hi Sam." She said.

"Hi." He said surprised.

"We need to talk." They went inside and sat on the couch.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." "I really don't know how to say this." She took a sonogram picture out of her purse and handed it to him.

He got a shocked look on his face. "You're pregnant?"

"Yes, and it's yours, for sure."

"How do you know?"

"Max had a vasectomy after Ashley was born."

"What did he say?"

"He doesn't know yet." "I'm telling him next week when he comes home." "I know it's crazy, but I want to keep the baby."

"Good."

"I know it'll be difficult but we'll work out some kind of custody arrangement."

"Or, you could just come back to me."

"Sam." She said rolling her eyes.

"You know I love you, and I know you love me." "Otherwise that night wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't have made our baby." He said putting both of his hands on her stomach.

"I love Max."

"And me." "I want to be a family."

"I already have a family."

"You have the wrong husband." 

"Sam, we're going to have a child together, that's all."

"A child that was created from our love."

"No."

"No?" He kissed her. She kissed him back. "Then get, up, and leave." He said in-between kisses. He laid back on the couch. He started unbuttoning her shirt. He got the first three buttons unbuttoned before her phone rang. 

She got up left and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi baby." Max said.