Chapter 26

Two weeks later Hallie was backstage at the arena getting ready for the show. Max came up to her holding a bag.

"Hi honey." She said.

"Hi." "I got a present for the baby." "I had it custom made." He pulled a mini scarf like the one he wore out of the bag.

"Aw Max, that is so cute." "He's gonna look adorable in it." "I love it."

Later that night after the show Hallie had decided to spend the night with Max. They were in bed together. He was holding her.

"I know we haven't talked about the wedding lately." Hallie said. "I want to wait until the baby comes."

"That's fine." "Would you be alright with naming him Max Jr?"

"We can, I think it's cute."

Two days later Hallie was at home and had just finished eating dinner. Max was in California doing appearances. Hallie got a text. It read.

I bought some things for the baby today. I'm in Portland for signings. Are you home? - Sam

Yes but I'll come to you. Where are you staying? - Hallie

Twenty minutes later Sam heard a knock on his door. He answered it. Hallie was standing there.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." She went inside. She saw the bag next to the couch.

"Max is taking the DNA test next week right?"

"Yeah, but it'll be another week before we get the results back.

"I'm telling you Hal, it's a waste of time." "He's ours." "I don't just know it, I feel it." He said coming up to her. "I think you do to." He put his hands on her stomach. "This is our son Hallie." The baby kicked. "Whoa." "Did you feel that?"

"Yeah." She said smiling. "He's never moved before."

"That's because he's happy his mommy and daddy are together." He kissed her. She kissed him back, breaking it a few seconds later.

"I can't, I can't do this to Max again."

"Please don't do this to me Hal, I love you." They kissed again and went into the bedroom.

Hallie decided to spend the night. In the middle of the night she got up to go to the bathroom. When she came back and got back in bed, Sam snuggled up to her and pulled her close.

"I love you Hallie." He said.

"I love you too sweetheart." She thought. "I love you and I love Max, and I don't know what to do."