Chapter 53

At five o'clock that morning Hallie and Sam quietly went downstairs.

"I'll see you later." They kissed.

"Bye." She left.

Later that afternoon Max Jr. and Sam had just finished training. Penelope was napping. Max and Sam were in the kitchen drinking water.

"Are you and mom back together?" Max Jr.

"No, why?"

"I woke up last night and went upstairs to go to bed." "I saw mom going back into your room." "All she had on was your shirt."

"You sure you weren't dreaming?"

"I'm not an idiot Sam."

"Ok." "No we're not back together, but yes we did...

"I figured, that's so gross."

"Well that's how you got here."

"I know but it's gross to think about."

Later that night Sam had just brought Max Jr. and Penelope home. Sam was a little annoyed when he saw Max car in the driveway. Sam, Max Jr. and Penelope went into the house. Max and the girls were in the living room.

"We're home." Max Jr. said.

"Hey buddy." Max said.

"Hi dad."

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah."

"Hi Sam." Melissa said.

"Hi." They hugged. Ashley hugged him next. "Hi Ashley."

"Hi."

When Sam was walking to his car he got a text from Hallie asking him to come back the kids went to sleep.

When Sam came back at around ten and went into the bedroom candles were lit. He shut the door. Hallie was wearing a red silk nightgown.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." They kissed.

An hour and a half later they just finished having sex. He was still on top of her.

"I love you Hallie." He said. "Here we go." He thought already knowing what her reaction would be.