Chapter 16

Max was coming back in two days. Hallie was in Portland and went to Andrea's for dinner. They were sitting at the kitchen table

"God, you ate all of that already?" Andrea said looking at Hallie.

"You know I eat when I'm stressed."

"What's wrong?"

"Well I told you Sam got his memory back and apologized to me."

"Yeah."

"What I didn't tell you is I slept with him, that night and the following three nights after that." "I broke it off yesterday." "I feel bad." "I know I hurt him but I love Max."

"You know you love Sam to."

"No I don't."

"Hallie, come on."

"Like I told him, he and I have great sex, it doesn't mean we can go back to having a good relationship."

"Is that all?"

"No." "I'm afraid to get back together with Sam." "It hurt so much to lose him once, I can't do it again."

Two days later Max had just gotten to his room in Boston. He was planning on leaving his things in the room and going to see Hallie. As he was walking to the bedroom he could smell candles burning. When he went into the bedroom it was lit by candlelight. Hallie was sitting on the bed in a black silk robe. Max smirked.

"Hi honey." She said. "Did you miss me?"

"Yeah."

She stood up, took off the robe and sat back down. She was naked. "Come here." He got a condom out of his bag and went over to her. They kissed. She took off his shirt. "Lay down." She slowly kissed him down his chest and abs. "I'm sorry." She thought. "I'm so sorry."

"That feels so good baby." She took off his jeans and boxers. "Hallie." He moaned as he felt both of her hands move slowly between his legs. "Baby, god." She replaced her hands with her mouth. "Hallie." He moaned.

Afterwards they were catching their breath. They kissed.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too."