Chapter 7

The next day Sam had autograph signings and appearances in Austin, Texas. Steve also had them so Sam was riding with him. Steve was driving.

"Did you and Hallie talk?" Steve asked.

"Yeah." "I can't believe we were gonna have a baby."

"I felt so bad for both of you when you lost it." "You were both so happy to be parents."

"She says after I became cold and distant with her after it happened."

"You were both hurting and in pain."

"We kissed last night." "I mean really kissed." " "The kind of kisses I remember having with her." "She freaked out, said it wasn't really me and went into the bedroom." "I could hear her crying."

"Is she at home?"

"She's in Portland looking at houses." "I know it's to late to stop it, but I don't want the divorce." "I love her."

"You've told me you weren't happy anymore."

"I don't care." "I don't want to lose her." "I love her."

After looking at some houses Hallie decided to go to Andrea's before going back to the hotel.

"What's wrong?" Andrea asked.

"After I told Sam about the divorce and the baby, we kissed." "I mean like we used to kiss." "It felt really nice." "Then I remembered, he's acting like the Sam I loved but eventually Sam will get his memory back." "When that happens that version of Sam will disappear." "Plus it was wrong to do that to Max."

"I take it you didn't tell Max that part?"

"No, I didn't." "Thank god I'm with Max, if I hadn't been, I might've made a big mistake last night." "One that would've given Sam hope and that's wrong because it's over."

Later that day Sam was getting ready to go skating. When he picked up his skateboard a memory came back to him.

Flashback 

Sam was home getting ready to go skating.

"I'll be back in an hour." He said.

"Ok."

When Sam turned around to pick up his board he saw a positive pregnancy test on it. He picked it up, looked at Hallie and smiled. She was smiling.

"Really?" He said happily.

"Yeah."

He went over to her. "You're pregnant?"

"Yeah."

"We're having a baby."

She laughed. "Yes." They kissed.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

End Of Flashback

Sam smiled at the memory.

The next evening Hallie was talking to Max on the phone telling him all about the house she bought. There was a knock at the door.

"Someone's at the door baby." She said. "I'll call you back."

"Ok." They hung up. 

When she opened the door she was shocked to see Max standing there.

"Surprise." He said.

"Hi." He went inside. They hugged and kissed. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you."

"I'm glad you came." They sat down on the couch.

"Finishing telling me about the house."

An hour later Hallie and Max were having room service dinner.

"It doesn't have to be soon, I know you're gonna need some time, but eventually I'd like to meet your family." Max said.

"We can do that." "I told my sister about us."

He smiled. "You did?" 

"Yeah."

"What did she say?

"She was supportive."

A half hour later Hallie and Max were in the bedroom getting ready to have sex. He was sitting up against the headboard with his shirt off. She was straddling him and had just taken off her shirt. Her phone started ringing.

"No." Max said. She moaned as he kissed her cleavage. He undid her bra and took it off, kissing between her breasts.

"Max." She moaned loudly. The phone stopped ringing.

An hour an a half later they'd just finished having sex. He was still on top of her. He looked at her.

"I love you Hallie." 

"I love you too Max."

He smiled not expecting her to say anything back. "You do?"

"Yes, so much." They kissed.