Chapter 36

Max was coming home tomorrow. He was in his hotel room having room service dinner. His phone rang.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hi dad." Max Jr. said.

"Hey bud, what's up?"

"Something's wrong with mom."

"What do you mean?"

"I think she's sick and trying to cover it up." "I've heard her puking in the bathroom and she's barely been eating lately." "I'm really worried about her."

"Well she hasn't said anything to me." "I'll talk to her about it tomorrow." "I'm sure mom is fine." "Don't worry."

"Maybe I shouldn't have called."

"No, it's alright to be concerned." "Mom's fine though, ok?"

"Ok."

"I love you buddy."

"I love you too."

The next evening Hallie had made sure all the kids had plans with friends for the night. She knew things were going to get loud and she didn't want to put the kids through that. Max walked through the door expecting to see the kids.

"Guys, where are you?" Max asked confused.

"They're all spending the night with friends." She sighed heavily knowing what was to come. "Come here." He sat down next to her on the couch. They kissed. "I have to tell you something."

"Is this about what Max called me about?"

"What?" She said confused. "Max called you?"

"Last night." "He said that he's heard you throwing up and you haven't been eating much." "He's really worried."

"It's not what he thinks and it's not what you think."

"What's going on?"

"Remember when I went to Chicago two months ago?"

"Yeah."

"I ran into Sam." "We were staying in the same hotel."

He got an angry look on his face. "You slept with him didn't you?" He said angrily.

"Yes, I'm sorry." She said tearfully.

"Do you love him?"

"No." "I love you." "I can't even explain why."

"I thought we were past this bullshit Hallie."

"There's more." "I'm pregnant with his baby." "I'm keeping it."

"Please be kidding."

"I'm not."

"Why do you keep doing this to me?" "I'm a good faithful husband." "I would never do anything like this to you." "I can't even look at you right now." He left slamming the door behind him. She started crying.