Chapter 47

Hallie was due next month. The girls knew about her pregnancy and that Max wasn't the father. Max Jr. and Sam had been spending time together. Sam had met the girls. They liked him. Max Jr. still refused to speak to Max.

Max Jr. was in his bedroom upstairs playing video games. He heard Max and the girls come through the front door. Ten minutes later he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Max came and stood in the doorway.

"Hey buddy." He said. "Are you gonna ignore me for the rest of your life?"

"Yeah."

"I know what I did was wrong and really bad, but that doesn't change the fact that I still think of you as my son."

"You lied about being my dad." He said angrily. "You lied to mom." "Get out my room."

"I want to talk to you."

"Mom, make dad get out of my room." He yelled.

You don't have to call your mom up here." "I'll go." He left.

Later that night around midnight Hallie went downstairs to get a snack. Her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi." Sam said. "I didn't wake you did I?"

"No." "I just came down for a snack."

"In two weeks I want to come stay with you, so I can take care of you until you go into labor."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah you'll need the help." "Plus I want to spend more time with Max and get to know the girls better."

"Ok."