9. Kookie & His Fairy Friend

Third Person POV :

Jungkook is currently sitting at his desk in his office room fiddling with the pen in between his fingers, trying to come up with new lines for his story. It's been three days since Taehyung had a panic attack. He tried in every way he could think of to make the boy talk to him and befriend him but of no use.

And all he can blame is himself because he is never good at making friends. He is friends with Seokjin because he is not only his cousin but practically raised him ever since he was a child and Hoseok is the best friend of his cousin and is charmed by his bright smile and cheerful personality the first time he met him.

As for Jimin, the older practically stalked him ever since he was four till he agreed to be friends with him saying he wanted a cute younger brother like him. He wasn't left with any option other than that back then so he agreed after nine months of constantly being stalked which he is glad he did. Because he may not admit it in Jimin's face but he really loves the older's company as much as his love in annoying his other two hyungs.

Other than that he always felt uncomfortable talking to others. Even with his other cousins Sangwoo, Yugyeom and Eunwoo.

But now he wants a certain brunette to be his friend. He wants to listen to his deep uet sweet voice more. He wants to see how his smile looks, which he never got to see. But he doesn't know how to get close to him. The boy only speaks a few words like a 'yes' or 'ok' whenever he asks something.

Taehyung's nightmares continued every night since that day and he had been waking up from the couch in the mid-night, trying to comfort him and finally ending up falling asleep on the bed unable to get out of his tight hold. This had been their routine for the last three days.

Even though he didn't have any idea that his actions could trigger Taehyung, he couldn't help but blame himself that it was his fault for reminding him something traumatic with his actions. And he didn't want the boy to go through that again.

So, he had been contemplating whether to seek the help from the police or not. As if on cue, he got a call from Seokjin which broke his train of thoughts.

"Hello, hyung!"

"Yeah, he is better now."

"Yeah…I decided. But I have a condition. I will talk to your friend first and Taehyung won't meet him. Even if does, Taehyung shouldn't know that he is a cop."

He hung up after hearing an okay from Seokjin.

In the last three days, his hyungs would call him everyday and ask how Taehyung is. But Jimin would call every hour which frustrated him to the core.

On the other hand, Taehyung does nothing but just sit either on the bed or the couch looking into space. Like doesn't he even get bored of doing nothing?

It was only yesterday he saw Taehyung doing something of his own will. He went to ask what Taehyung likes to have for dinner even though he knew he won't get any answer.

Then he saw him reading a book he left on the couch in the afternoon. It is his new story book 'Shooky's Magic Shop' which was published a week before he found Taehyung in his car. And oh, he saw something in the boy's face. Was it a smile? He can't say a firm yes but surely Jungkook saw his lips tugged slightly upwards. He can tell Taehyung enjoyed reading the book.