53. Story

Third person pov:

“Doctor Kang, patient 302 woke up." A nurse informed the doctor. "Already?” The doctor asked in shock getting up from his seat.

"Mr. Kim… please don't stress. You need rest." Doctor said coming into the room as a nurse helped him to sit properly. “Are you feeling any pain?” He asked as Namjoon shook his head.

“Good…” The doctor said as he proceeded with a few checkups and giving him a few instructions when Namjoon interrupted him. "Doctor..”

"Yes, Mr.Kim? Do you need something?”

"How is he?” He asked desperately.

"He?”

"Taehyung…Kim Taehyung. How is he? Tell me he is alright. Please.”

“I'm sorry Mr. Kim…but I don't know the details. Many patients were brought to the ER last night. You should ask Mr.Min or Mr.Wang. And you received a major surgery as well. You shouldn't stress about those things right now.” The doctor bowed and left after giving necessary instructions to the nurse.

“Excuse me…could you please call for Mr.Min?” He asked the nurse who told him that he shouldn't stress himself now so he can't think about the investigations and all.

After a lot of pestering from Namjoon the nurse finally started hesitantly. “Uhm…I just know that one of the patients died half way here due to heavy bleeding and two patients in critical condition…I heard the doctors saying that they almost lost the patient twice during the surgery. But I don't know the patient's details. You should wait for someone. Please take some rest till then.” She tried to convince him.

“Ah…I also heard that he has some rare blood group which made it more difficult.” The nurse said which felt like stopping his heart from functioning.

__________________________

Jungkook was watching from the glass window Taehyung lying on the bed with his eyes closed. “Everything will be alright Tae." Though the other cannot hear him he still tried to assure Taehyung despite himself dying from inside.

He wasn't even trying to stop his tears from flowing. Just yesterday they were all having lunch together laughing. Jimin was teasing about his first kiss and he was sulking about being in the dark about his friend's relationship. It was a lovely moment which was still moving before his eyes.

“I shouldn't have left the room. I was careless and let it happen despite our predictions of something like this happening.” He started blaming himself for leaving their room last night. None of this would have happened if he stayed with Taehyung.

He turned to his side when someone squeezed his shoulder. It was Hoseok. “Hyung…Jimin?” A sob left Jungkook's lips, his voice croaking. Hoseok just shook his head but didn't say anything.

“They said they can't say anything yet hyung…all we can do is hope? How can it…” He was sobbing hard as Hoseok embraced him but he found no words to ease the younger’s worries when he himself was scared. He had already checked the charts and they can only confirm his condition once these twenty four hours passed.

“Stay strong Jungkook. We won't lose him. He will be alright….everyone will.” He still tried to assure the younger. He felt like he should be strong to atleast give some hope to others.

Even Yoongi was looking lifeless as if he will go insane at any moment. Only the words that Jimin is fine can soothe his restlessness. As soon as everything was wrapped up at the raided hospital he left the remaining things to Jackson and rushed to his lover who was fighting for his life in the hospital. Since then he hasn't even taken a sip of water.