14. Stranger

Third Person POV :

The ride from Jungkook’s house was silent, Seokjin's mind wandering everywhere till Yoongi spoke. “You don’t need to drop me…. don't you need to go back to work?”

“Huh?” It took him some time to register the words he heard. “N-no, I need to go h-home.” He was not sure of what he wanted to do. But definitely not work. He can no longer focus on his work, at least not now, after meeting with Yoongi.

He immersed himself in work all these years to keep his mind off of his past, his love life. He thought he was out of it, and moved on and yes he did. Yet all the painful memories of his tragic love life in the college days were brought back now that he is alone with Yoongi. But he can’t blame his ex-roommate for that. Yoongi just wished him to move on.

“Okay then. Do call me if you need any help…even if you don't, you can still call me, you know? Take care.” Yoongi said before getting down once they arrived at his station.

Seokjin let out a small but warm smile and nodded. He took out his phone to dial the number he called whenever he felt low after his heartbreak.

“Where are you? Work? Can we meet up?”

“Nothing…I'm alright….you carry on with your date.”

“I'm okay...you don't have to come."

“Our regular hangout…Ecstazy”

Within no time he is in the pub where he usually goes for a drink with Hoseok. The latter used the excuse of 'emergency for a friend' to ditch his blind date arranged by his mother.

Seokjin was already drunk with all his attempts to forget the memories that were hitting him saying ‘just one more’ again and again. Now Hoseok was more than drunk. He couldn’t even understand what the elder was rambling on and certainly he was sure won’t remember whatever he is hearing by the time he wakes up the next morning.

And that was exactly Seokjin’s plan. He needed someone to share his misery but yet didn’t want to let anyone know. So that is the only way– talking to his friend in his drunk state, pouring out all his pains. It's already been an hour and he didn’t stop yet.

“I loved him with all my heart but…but why?” He sobbed out. “Why didn’t he love me back?” He choked. “Am I…am I not worth enough? Why did he-” He stopped when he saw his friend already knocked out. But still it was not enough for him. He wanted to talk more. His heart was in so much pain that he wanted to let it all out once and for all and leave his past behind him today.

So he grabbed the hand that was just walking past their table and pulled it. That person stumbled a little with the pull but managed to sit beside him. “Is it my fault that…that I am Jungkook’s cousin?” He asked the guy in front of him not realizing the person was a complete stranger. “Am I not good enough…not good enough to be loved? Am I not handsome…not looking good enough?” His voice cracked halfway that was already hoarse from all the crying.

The other person could clearly comprehend his words. He was talking about his heartbreak. He had been hearing his broken babbling considering he was sitting at the table next to him.

And next minute Seokjin was already wiping his tears and shaking his head. “No, I am the most handsome man. It’s his loss that he missed me…a handsome man like…like me.”

The stranger chuckled at his confidence even in such a state. He tried to talk to him and ask him to call someone to pick them up when he realized the person giving him company a few minutes back was already passed out and he was not any better.

But it was of no use, he wasn’t listening but just talking not caring who it was before him. “But why did he not love me for who I am?”

“Would you love me if you get a chance with me?” The stranger flustered at the sudden and unexpected question. And before he could answer anything, Seokjin passed out too, and the other was quick to catch the unconscious male before he fell off from his seat.