30. Long lost comfort

Third Person POV :

It was finally Saturday and Seokjin was still trying to convince Jungkook to come with him to the house next door. But the younger was adamant on not going. Seokjin had been pestering him for the last three days and he came early in the morning that day to request him directly as the calls and texts didn't help.

"Hyung, what happened to 'I've a meeting, I'm busy, I've to go to office, I've work' excuses. You've been here for the whole day. How come you are so free?" Jungkook asked, placing another egg roll with his chopsticks in Taehyung's plate to which Taehyung pouted, whining that he was already full, but stuffed it in his mouth anyway because it's made by Seokjin and his food is to die for. So, it doesn't matter if your tummy can accommodate it or not.

"Oh, we hired a perfect employee last week. He had no experience and I don't know why his resume was forwarded. But somehow he impressed the panel in the interview. Now he delivers efficient work in the least amount of time. I've never seen anyone as passionate as him. He proved himself to be worthy enough in just two weeks and took so much workload off of me. In fact, I'm considering making him the COO once his job is confirmed." Seokjin said everything in one breath and again continued to talk about the matter he was here for.

"Anyway, the thing is I might be able to take some breath in future. So, now tell me why you do not want to come."

"Hyung, I'm really happy that you finally have some free time. But we are not coming." He didn't want to take Taehyung to that reporter's house. He didn't get good vibes from that guy. The fact that he will be residing next door is still troubling him. He didn't like that person for some unknown reason. But his hyung is making it difficult for him.

"Jungkook, I've already agreed when he asked me to bring you two and Hoseok. Even Hoseok said ok. Do you want your hyung to be embarrassed in front of him?" The older finally used his last weapon, trying to sound as sad as he could.

"Ahh, Hyung. Please, don't try to push me. There will be a lot of strangers and Taehyung won't be comfortable."

"Oh, that's right… I didn't think of that." Seokjin said defeatedly.

"Let's go hyung." Both Jungkook and Seokjin snapped their heads in the direction from where those three words were heard in an almost inaudible voice.

"Oh, no baby bear. You don't need to. I just-"

"Tae, it's ok….we don't have to go." Jungkook said before Seokjin could complete his words.

Taehyung, who had been eating silently, shook his head with a pout and spoke again hesitantly. "No, I wanna go." He had been curious about this Namjoon for a while. Also, he could see how desperate Seokjin was. He didn't have the heart to make him disappointed when the older cooked such delicious food for him so many times.

Moreover, he missed his doctor hyung. It's been a week since he last saw that cheerful guy. Seokjin said he would be there at the party too.

"No, Tae. You won't like it. Let's go out for an ice-cream instead." Jungkook tried to convince the younger.

"But I wanna go there. We can come back if I don't like it. Please?" He said showing his puppy eyes and pouting lips.

Jungkook tried his best not to look at those eyes. "No, we are not going and it's final."

Jungkook let out an impatient breath as he tapped his foot on the floor frustratedly waiting for the gate to open. He looked to his side at Taehyung clinging on to him and face seemed to be somewhat excited. He didn't understand Taehyung's excitement to meet this guy. The younger was always afraid to even breathe properly in the vicinity of strangers.