50. Sweet and Spicy

Third person pov:

"I have every evidence against Minseok. I'll help you to get him…but I have two conditions.” Namjoon doesn't have much choice now that it came to this point.

“So what might be your conditions?” Yoongi asked as they all were now sitting at the table in the living room.

“One…you have to make sure that Kim Minseok gets convicted for all his crimes.” Namjoon stated and Yoongi nodded as he had already expected this much.

"We have our conditions too.” Jimin said. "Stay away from both Jin hyung and Taehyung.”

"Also don't bring Taehyung into your useless articles for the sake of your fame.” Jungkook added. He didn't want Taehyung’s life to be disturbed by anything.

“It was never my intention to do that." Namjoon said pushing a file to them. “These are the articles I'm planning on releasing. One article each day. He will be totally exposed by the end of the last one. And none of them has anything about Taehyung. You can check them.” Namjoon said as the others were going through the papers.

“Also about staying away from them…I've already made it clear to him… that it won't work between us. He deserves to be happy with a nice person. And it was never my intention to use him.”

"That's better. He can't take it if his trust is broken again.” Yoongi said sternly and Namjoon nodded.

“About Taehyung…my affection towards him is genuine. I care for him as my own brother.” Namjoon tried to express his sincerity but Jungkook wasn't convinced.

“What's your second condition?" Yoongi asked.

“Minseok's downfall starts from day after tomorrow. And once he feels threatened by that, he will try to get Taehyung by hook or crook. He won't think twice before coming for him. He needs to accomplish his goal before he is locked up. So I need your help.”

All three of them looked at him to continue. "This is the most important task. Make sure that Taehyung is safe and beyond his reach.” This condition is nowhere near to their expectations.

“That's it? This is your second condition?" Yoongi asked in disbelief.

"This is the reason I am joining hands with you. I was worried about his security once I started this. You have to protect him at all costs.” Namjoon said.

“What is it for you anyway?" Jungkook asked.

“You said Minseok should accomplish his goal. What is it?" Yoongi asked.

"Ah…and one more condition. You can't ask me any question…we are just simply helping each other to complete our targets.” Namjoon said and Jungkook left the house before he would lose his patience.

“You'll get a warrant against him easily after this. Please keep your promise to protect Taehyung. Situation is changed. He won't be alive the minute he gets in Minseok's hands. So keep it in mind." Namjoon warned one last time.

"What is the situation?” Jimin asked being impatient. He can't understand a single thing here. All he heard is that Minseok won't let Taehyung alive and he is scared as hell.

“Remember no questions? All I can tell you right now is that the person stopping him from harming Taehyung no longer has that power.”

________________________

“Tae…drink this and continue.” Jungkook placed a glass of milk on his table. Taehyung made a weird face looking at the glass. "Hyung…don't disturb me while studying." He tried to escape from drinking it.