34. Past and the pain

Third Person POV :

Just like every other day from the past two weeks, the peaceful silence of the immersed readers in the library was again disturbed by the chaotic duo of friends. And just like every other day the two adorable kids bowed to them as an apology, melting their hearts as usual and laughing at the hassled librarian.

They went to their usual desk after grabbing the story books of their choice. They both drowned themselves in reading for quite a time and then left to their little play area, a park nearby the library.

The slightly shorter brunette was running ahead in the park as he was being chased by his pink-haired friend as they both were giggling and running.

The brunette stumbled on his feet and fell forward on his knees. The taller boy came running to him, worried.

"Little bun, are you okay?" The brunette nodded and tried to get up but he hissed in pain. His knee and elbow were scraped a little because of the effect of the fall. The pink-haired placed a palm on his friend's shoulder to help him stand up only to hear the younger wince at his touch.

He was confused at first, then pulled the younger's shirt a little off his shoulder. But he wasn't expecting the purple blotches there. He carefully helped his friend to walk to the nearby bench and sat him there. "What happened here?" He asked his friend.

"It's nothing, hyungie. Father was angry because I.... because I asked him for permission for a school trip. I never went to a beach. I r-really wanted to go." The brunette explained to him how his father refused his school trip just because it cost him a few bills and beat him mercilessly when he requested for the second time.

"When did it happen?" The pink-haired asked. Now that he sees, there were a few bruises on the younger's face too. Not just today, he could recall small bruises or wounds all the time. A new one every other day. "Two days ago" The shorter one replied sniffling.

"Is that why you didn't come for the last two days? Because you weren't well?" The brunette nodded.

"Does it happen often?" He nodded again with a new set of tears falling again.

"I'm sorry, my little Bun. I didn't realize it before." He engulfed his friend in his little arms. He should have noticed them earlier. He should have provided some help to his friend. He decided that he will ask his grandfather's help to save his friend from his abusive father. He heard from his mother how her father saved so many victims of domestic violence and child abuse. So he had an idea about how these things go.

"It's okay, my friend. Now that you have your dear friend… I'll take care of you. Do you want to see the beach next Saturday with me?" He asked and his friend nodded eagerly.

"There's an event going on there and Saturday will be a special attraction of the event. We'll have a lot of fun." He said and the other nodded with a bright smile, looking as if he forgot all his pains and sufferings when the pink-haired boy again hugged him closely.

_________________________

The pink-haired boy happily ran out of the car ignoring the worried faces of his parents. He was eager to ask his grandpa about the updates of his friend. Perhaps, his friend was already rescued and safe with his grandpa. He couldn't wait to see his friend after almost a week and take him to the beach with his parents.

He was expecting to see his grandfather's house, but not the hospital he was currently standing before.

"Mom, why are we at the hospital? Drop me at grandpa's. I want to see him." He asked his mother who followed him out of the car. He wasn't too naive to not know what to expect but he was just denying the possibility. He was on the verge of crying.