28. Step into the world

Third Person POV :

With his jaw dropped and completely ignoring the presence of his secretary and the other person, probably a co-worker of the reporter, Seokjin just stared at the handsome guy, seemingly flashing his dimples in a professional smile.

Regardless of his dazed and flustered state, like the perfect CEO he is, Seokjin managed to pull himself into his professional stance real quick, before anyone could notice. He too smiled back professionally before extending a hand for a shake after gesturing to his assistant that he can take his leave.

"Hi Mr. Kim...heard a lot about you. It's an honour to meet you. Please take a seat."

"Hello!" The reporter took his hand and Yoongi's words of some other handshake roamed around his mind, immediately his face heating up at the memories of that unusual handshake from his drunken night. But again he composed himself but maybe this time the reporter noticed the tint of red over his ears because the reporter smiled at him awkwardly.

"I'm Kim Namjoon but it seems, I don't need to introduce myself. So, this is Choi Yeonjun, my junior" He introduced the guy with yellow hair beside him, an intern training under Namjoon.

The guy smiled at the CEO brightly unlike the professional smiles of the other two and offered a handshake too.

After almost fifteen minutes they were done with their discussion. "It's nice to meet you once again, Mr. Kim. Didn't know you are into the news in this line...thought you are only interested in crimes and investigations."

Yeonjun, the intern who had been thinking of the same thing for more than hours, looked at Namjoon expecting his senior to answer the handsome CEO.

"Yeah, it's my friend who was supposed to be here. But he was caught up with some personal issues. I'm just doing him a favour on his request."

"Good to see you again, Seokjin-ssi." Seokjin was speechless hearing the word 'again' and the incomprehensible smile of the reporter.

Now, he was more than embarrassed. So Namjoon clearly remembers him from that day. Bold of him to assume that Namjoon might have forgotten him. The reporter was perfectly sober unlike him.

"Thanks I guess?" It was the first time for the confident CEO to feel this way. So awkward, yet giddy.

"May I invite you to a party this weekend?" Namjoon asked out of the blue, making Yeonjun choke on his breath. He never saw his senior as a guy who would throw parties and invite random people for it.

"Party?" Seokjin asked.

"Yeah...I just bought a house recently and I am moving in this Saturday."

"Eh? Out of the blue? Sunbae... you should invite friends or neighbours to such parties. Why not invite your gorgeous junior instead?" Yeonjun chipped in excitedly cupping his own face with both his hands and blinking his eyes at his mentor.

"That's why I'm inviting him." Namjoon replied to his junior with an eye-roll and turned to the CEO. "Please don't mind him, Seokjin-ssi. He's just a chatterbox. So...are you available this Saturday evening? "

"Ohh!" That's all the handsome CEO could answer. He was already hoping to disappear into thin air with all the embarrassment. The new news only added to his bewilderment. It means he had more encounters with the reporter to come in his way.

"So, you didn't answer my invitation?"

"Yeah, sure?" Seokjin answered unsurely. "And please, bring your friend too, Hoseok-ssi, was it? Also, I would like to personally invite your cousin and his boyfriend. I owe him an apology."