49. Help

Third person pov:

"Uhm...did they escape? Yoongi hyung couldn't catch them?" Jungkook felt like the ground under his feet was swept away.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

"I thought you were planning to catch them yesterday?" Taehyung asked.

"You knew?"

"I heard Jimin hyung asking Yoongi hyung to catch them. He was crying badly to bring justice to me and his grandpa. What happened to grandpa?" Taehyung asked. He vaguely remembers Jimin introducing his grandfather saying that his grandpa is a great man and will save him.

"He had an accident. That's why he couldn't save you. But Tae...are you okay? Why didn't you tell me if you knew about it?" Jungkook questioned. He made Taehyung sit on the sofa as he sat on the table before him.

"Because you didn't want me to know." Taehyung replied.

"Uh-I'm sorry Tae. I...I didn't want to scare you. You were so afraid to go to the police." Jungkook didn't know what else to say, "But trust me Tae. Yoongi hyung is a good person. He will catch them at any cost. Then we can go out freely without any worries." He spoke as gently as he could to convince Taehyung before he would go under a panic attack again.

It is still a wonder how Taehyung is looking calm right now. The Taehyung he saw in the early days would be trembling in horror right now.

"I know hyung. I trust you...and Yoongi hyung too." Taehyung assured him calmly. "I...I'm just afraid that something will happen to you." Taehyung spoke what he was feeling inside. "You d-don't know what he did. H-he killed e-everyone who tried to h-help me hyung." It was frightening the more he thought about those events.

Jungkook was listening to him attentively. It was the first time Taehyung was talking about it on his own. He was caressing his hands with his thumb to assure and encourage him to talk.

"H-he even killed doctor uncle." Taehyung said. Jungkook wanted to ask who it was but he couldn't interrupt him. He let Taehyung speak whatever he wanted. "He said that he will k-kill everyone that tries t-to help me." Taehyung said starting to tremble a bit.

Jungkook went to sit beside him and pulled him on his lap. "It's okay Tae. He can't do anything to us now...Didn't you see the security guards around the mansion? I asked dad to increase it. We are safe here...okay?" Jungkook tried to assure him and Taehyung nodded.

"Tae..." Jungkook called caressing his waist on either side, which was oddly calming Taehyung. "Do you want to tell me what happened after grandpa came to your house to save you?"

Taehyung nodded resting his head on Jungkook's heart. Listening to his heartbeat gives him a sense of safety. He started telling what he could remember.

"That day grandpa came with his friend and some other people. He said my father will be punished for hitting me. He told me that he will take him to their home." Now that he is talking about it, all the memories are becoming clearer.

"B-but father started to beat me and kick me. He took a k-knife and threatened them that he would kill me. One of them caught father and I-I was so scared. I ran away from there. I was running when a car hit me." Taehyung stopped as he couldn't remember what happened after that.

It was blank for him and the next thing he knew there was an unfamiliar man before him and he was in a hospital room.

"I woke up in a hospital and t-then I-I saw h-him. He was talking to father and father was thanking him. T-they both seemed very happy." Taehyung said and shuddered at the memory of something.