13. Dinner

Third Person POV :

Both Jungkook and Taehyung were basking in the warmth of each other when they were interrupted by a small knock on the door. Jungkook looked over his shoulder to find Seokjin standing by the door. The elder signaled to him that the dinner was prepared and left when Jungkook nodded at him.

Jungkook thought for a moment and recalled the discussion with Seokjin and Yoongi. They were right. Taehyung should come out of his shell and try to talk to others. He can’t let him be like this, frightened to even look at anyone.

“Hmm…Tae?” He called out as gently as he could. The younger nodded with a hum without looking at him. “Tae...look at me.” He pulled back and cupped his face as he made the younger look at him.

He started to speak when the brunette smiled at him. “Shall we go out and have dinner at the table like this afternoon?” He asked and Taehyung nodded.

“Even my friends are there….we can have dinner together. It will be fun.” He suggested carefully so as the other won’t be scared. But he resigned from the idea when Taehyung's smile fell off. He will take it slowly. Maybe some other time.

“D-do you…do you want to eat with them?” Taehyung asked when he noticed the disappointment in Jungkook’s face and the latter nodded unsurely. “But only if you are ok.”

Taehyung looked down and started fiddling with his fingers, seeming to be in a dilemma so, he added quickly. “They are really nice people and believe me, you will definitely like them.”

Taehyung looked up at him, still unconvinced. He can never trust anyone in his life. It is still a wonder for him how he got to trust Jungkook. But for others, he is sure he can’t be at ease with them even though the older assured him that they are nice people.

“Tae…relax…we don’t have to go if you don’t want to. We can eat here just like yesterday…okay?” He assured him but the brunette shook his head. “I-I w-will go with you.” He replied.

Jungkook is doing so much for him. He should do at least this much for him, right? Even if he didn’t want to, he wanted to go for Jungkook. He is fine as long as he is with Jungkook. He will protect him even if they try to hurt him. He won’t let anyone take him back to the mansion. He promised that he would never let him go against his will. And he has faith in those words…he trusts Jungkook.

“Really?” Jungkook beamed when Taehyung nodded. “Shall we go then?” He offered his hand excitedly which Taehyung held tightly, afraid to let it go and let the elder lead him out just like that afternoon. But the boy didn’t dare to look around like before, walking closely behind the other.

When they reached the kitchen, Yoongi was already adjusting the plates on the table for them while Seokjin was bringing the food to the table.

“Yoongi hyung!” Jungkook called out and the said male looked up at them. “Hyung, meet Taehyung.” He said as Yoongi walked towards them. Taehyung immediately hid himself behind Jungkook, hugging his arm tightly.

Jungkook turned to him and took his hand in his. “Tae…he isn't gonna harm you. He is really a good guy. Do you trust me?...Huh?” Taehyung just nodded looking at him innocently. “Hmm…would you like to say ‘Hi’ to him?” He asked and turned Taehyung towards Yoongi, holding the younger by his shoulders with both his hands.

But Taehyung looked down at his feet, not daring to look at the man in front of him or talk to him. He was fiddling with his fingers and held his lower lip between his lips.

Yoongi nodded at Jungkook when the latter gave him a look. He has dealt with a diverse range of traumatized victims like Taehyung in his career who won’t feel comfortable with strangers. It's not new thing for him.