Ch.22~ Astoria.

"Come with me, to the gala tonight. I want to spend every moment I can with you." He smiled.

"Mattheo, nothing fits me anymore." I huffed.

Truthfully, the thought of going to another one of those gala's made me want to vomit. The only fun part I liked, was the champagne, but I clearly couldn't indulge in those activities. With out the liquid courage, it would just be "work talk" and boring conversations.

"I'll have new ones, brought immediately, whatever you want. Please, come." His eyes begged. "I miss having you on my arm... Draco misses you."

"We'll, if Draco misses me." I raised my hands, "I supposed I could."

You want this to work, Rosalia.

"I'll have the seamstress bring up dresses, at once... I truly am so happy you'll be joining me." He smiled.

"Me too."

I lied.

Finding my way back to my room, with my stomach still in knots. It was all, so so much. But I knew I wanted it to work, I knew it had too.

The seamstress fit me, for a stunning gown. Black, his favorite. Hugging the tiny bump now growing, yet hiding my areas I was now so desperate to hide.

These woman talked. I would be photographed, no doubt. I didn't want to be made to look like a Skelton. She made sure I didn't.

When I met Mattheo, in the foyer, I seen his eyes light up, and let out a small sparkle.

I felt... wanted.

I liked it.

"I have the most, beautiful wife, in the world." He smiled, putting his arm out to me.

"Shut it." I laughed, grabbing his arm as we made our way to the door.

"I called for the doctor, to make sure it was safe for you to apperate, we got the go as long as you've eaten today." His eyes widened.

"Yes. I ate nearly an hour ago. She's always so hungry." I smiled.

"Like her father." He let out a small laugh, before apperating us.

We arrived in front of Nott Manor, I only noticed it from the meetings I attended her during the war.

"Theodore?" I questioned.

"He's to be married, an engagement party." He rolled his eyes.

"Bless the poor girl." I shook my head.

We entered, a buzzing party. People everywhere. So many I haven't seen in ages. Mostly death eaters, now a days that was the normal thing to be.

"Rose!" I heard my cousin call from across the room. "Merlin, look at you!"

"Draco!" I sighed, as I pulled him into a hug, "I am so sorry I missed the wedding." I sadly whispered.

"Don't be. Health comes first, especially when you're growing a tiny human." He let out a small laugh.

"Ah yes, you've heard." I looked down.

"Of course I did, mum told me to tell you she's happy for you, and to write to her." He winked.

"Of course I will. I miss her, I could really use some words of her amazing advice." I huffed, "Oh, Merlin! Astoria I am so sorry!" I screamed, pulling her into a hug, "congratulations! I am terribly sorry I missed the wedding. I'm sure you looked stunning!"

How the fuck did I forget to greet my cousins wife.

Blame it on pregnancy brain.

"Oh thank you! And please, no worries. Like Draco said, health first." She smiled, her eyes meeting my stomach.

"Well, welcome to the family then." I smiled, "Your lucky, having my aunt as a mother in law. Best as they come."

"Rose, I have to go greet some people, talk with Astoria. I'll be right back." Mattheo whispered, snaking his hand on my hip, leaving me with a kiss on the forehead.

We got lost in meaningless conversation. School days, all the people there, who was being married off to who.

"I just feel horrible for the poor girl being married off to Theo. He was always such a pain, the same no doubt!" I laughed leaning into her shoulder.

"Oh! That poor girl would be Daphne." She laughed back, "tell me about it. Some marriage they'll have!" She laughed a bit harder.

"Oh no! Your poor sister! I remember when they dated, in fifth year, and she caught him in the broom closet with Pansy!" I nearly snorted, "his face! Oh my, the way she punched him! Best party ever!"

Our laugher, filled the area we were in, strange looks from all around.

"Oh Merlin! I forgot about that one. We'll, at least we know their marriage will be passionate!" She took a moment, gathering her self. "I never thought she'd accept his proposal. My father really didn't give her a choice though."

"Yeah, my mother wasn't giving me much say either." I admitted.

"I mean she'd been able to turn down Zabaini, my parents didn't like their status, and Riddle, didn't want her too close to the action..." her words faded, as I heard his name leave her lips.

"I'm sorry, Riddle? Like, Mattheo?" I almost choked.

"Oh yeah, few weeks before you were wed. She turned him down, my parents orders." She shrugged. "All for the best though!" She smiled, pointing down at my stomach.

"Yes... all the best."