New Years Day

"Good luck today", Taylor said, wrapping her arms around him before he headed to arrowhead early for warm ups. "Thanks, i'll need it", Travis responded, kissing her. "I love you, beautiful", Travis said, kissing her forehead softly. "Love you, too", Taylor said, blushing slightly because he said it in front of others. 

To Taylor and the whole congregation of Chiefs Kingdom delight, they beat the Bengals 25-17. "Trav, I'm so proud of you", Taylor said, jumping into Travis's arms after he left the locker room after her showered and changed. "Thanks, baby. You're my good luck charm after all", he retorted, taking her hand and walking to the golf cart that awaited them. They had a New Year's party to go to so they had to hurry so they didn't miss any of the festivities. 

"Trav, you're lying. You've lost two games while I watched you play", Taylor corrected, walking through the door as Travis opened the exit doors for her. "Well, I've won more than I've lost with you in attendance so don't downplay yourself", Travis said, smiling as he wrapped is arm around her as they sat in the golf cart. "You're so cheesy sometimes, Trav", Taylor said, laying her head on his shoulder, pecking his cheek. Travis smiled as they drove towards his car with his girl so close to him. They exited the golf cart and got into Travis's car. 

The whole drive, Travis laid a hand on her thigh, winning him a smile from her. She laid her hand on top of his. "Are you excited?", Travis asked as he stopped at a red light. "Yeah. I can't wait for the best part of the night especially", Taylor said, a smirk on her face. "Oh, you talking about tonight?", Travis asked, smirking back. Travis proceeded as the red light turned green. Taylor laughed. "No, baby. I'm talking about when the clock strikes midnight", Taylor said, squeezing his hand three times. "Oh, so you're going to turn into a servant girl in rags with her hair tied back with a dirty rag?", Travis teased, making Taylor's body erupt into laughter. "Trav, no", Taylor got out, making Travis smile at how he made her laugh. "Oh, so you're talking about a kiss at midnight?", Travis asked softly, rubbing her thigh softly. "Mhmm. Yeah. I've never had a good New Year's kiss before. They've always been too busy to see me on New Years or they had no life of their own so the kiss felt like it always felt", Taylor said. "Well, as you probably, hopefully, know, I'm quite the kisser, so I'll save you a treat, baby", Travis said, his romantic eyes sparkling in the light. Taylor couldn't help but smile like a giddy teenager, squeezing his hand while she tried to stop smiling. "Don't try to hide your pretty smile, beautiful. Your smile is gorgeous", Travis said,  only making her smile even more. She truly had never felt love for someone this much. And Travis made it clear every day that he loved her just as much, going out of his way to make her feel appreciated and beautiful, and most importantly, loved. 

Taylor and Travis talked with many of their friends at the party together, basically glued at the hip. But when she was talking to Brittney or someone else by herself, he would come over every once and a while and check on her, kissing her lightly. He once even whispered softly in her ear that the kiss they had just shared was only a foretaste of what was to come at midnight. 

"Why are you smiling so big?", Brittney teased, seeing Travis walk away to talk to Patrick. "Nothing", Taylor said, trying to bite down her smile. "Mhmm, he said something", Brittney pushed, sipping her drink. "Ok, fine. He said that that kiss was only a foretaste of the kiss at midnight", Taylor said, smiling bigger when she said it aloud. "Aww, you guys are so cute. Pat and I are still like that but now we have something called children and they aren't exactly known to increase romance", Brittney said, gulping the last of her drinks. "Wow, is something going on? That was a huge sip", Taylor laughed, taking a sip of her own drink. "Children", was all Brittney needed to say to get both of the slightly not sober women to burst out laughing. "Now that we're sharing, Trav and I have talked about trying for a baby", Taylor said, sitting down at the bar beside Brittney. "Your babies would be so cute. I'm so happy for you and wish you luck", Brittney said, getting a refill of her glass. "Thanks. Brit, you're going to be so drunk by the end of the night", Taylor warned. "The kids are staying with the grandparents tonight, so Pat and I have the night off if you know what I mean", Brittney smirked at her friend. "Ok, wow. And yet there's another thing I didn't need to know", Taylor said, pretending to be disgusted. "Ok, wow. You're the one who just said you guys were trying for a baby. And from what I've heard from Scott, it sounds like he walked in on you guys, miss innocent", Brittney laughed. "True, true. That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life I can honestly say".