Directory Shenanigans (2) (356-361)

As merciless as the gods when their favorite pastime was being threatened, the screen continued showing the events that happened in the past while ignoring the struggling atmosphere in the room.

Cale got noticeably red, resembling his drunken state more than his indifferent one. Various people looked at him, tilting their heads in confusion and some even laughed, thinking he couldn't read for longer periods, which wasn't completely unreasonable. So far, Cale never read longer than a few minutes in the videos they were shown. He was always up and about, running around all over the continents and causing mayhem.

It was reasonable to think that Cale didn't have an affinity for reading.

Kim Rok Soo covered his face. A scarlet blush painted his cheeks a flaming red. He knew what was coming and oh boy, he still wasn't prepared.

Imagine his surprise as he tried to fit in the new world, not making the others overly suspicious and almost succeeding, only to have his whole being questioned when he wanted to open his buttons after he started using Record. Cale never did that, he suffered through the heat while acting like everything was fine. The team members instantly swarmed him, asking if he was sick while some even jokingly asked if he had been replaced by an alien. His heart almost gave up that second.

Only some god-level bullshitting skills saved him from being discovered...all because of some freaking buttons.

'Mm.'

Ron groaned internally.

This was an area where the temperature was maintained all the time.
There should be no reason for someone to sweat.

He moved his hand.
The handkerchief in his hand landed on someone's forehead.

'...Why is he sweating so much?'

Ron Molan could see Cale who was sweating profusely.

"Is he sick?" one noble asked, hesitantly. There was genuine concern in his voice that others noted and didn't comment on badly since he wasn't bashing Cale as many previous nobles did.

Not just Lock was fed up with all the denial and acts of superiority some members of Side A displayed. They strutted around like this was a walk in the park and not a meeting to help them avoid the destruction of their whole world.

Arrogance was fine if it was backed by ability, something those clowns definitely didn't have.

Ron didn't look at them. His gaze was fixated on a calm Cale, who was slowly drinking the freshly brewed lemon tea Ron delivered a few minutes ago. Steam was rising from the cup, making Cale's face a rosy red as he glared down at the liquid. Ron found this to be one of his favorite part-time activities.

The young master always looked like a grumpy kitten when Ron presented anything with lemons. It was amusing. Especially since Ron loved to give Beacrox the job of sneaking in some lemons into Cale's other means, ordering the chef to hide them well.

Cale would glare at his drink while happily eating the meal that also had lemons in it. Only Ron and the chefs knew about it. So amusing. Ron was sure the young master would forgive this old man since he needed some form of entertainment.

'What shall we do now?' Ron mentally hummed. His thoughts moved away from fun activities to the more dire situation that was happening at the moment.

Both sides were getting agitated. A hostile atmosphere was quickly spreading. Many of Side B stopped having fun, instead glaring menacingly when members of Side A joked around, degrading their hard work and the lives that were lost in the struggles. Side A took the glares as a sign that Side B didn't want their tactics to be stolen, which just validated – in their eyes, at least – their reasoning and they continued with smirks on their faces.