The Battle of Maple Castle: Fire (283-285)

General Wetton eyed the pouches with extreme prejudice.

His bushy eyebrows climbed upwards, almost hitting his decreasing hairline if it wasn't for the notable age lines on his forehead keeping them in check. He was sitting alone at his table since his previous seating companions made themselves scarce after some tame comments from him.

Scoffing without care, Wetton had to grudgingly note that being alone wasn't fun. Nobody listened to his ideas on how they could face the upcoming battles. Why did those fools not realize that an experienced leader, a noteworthy commander, was needed?

The young master from the other world was good, he would give him that, but he thought maliciously without hiding the grin on his face, in their world there is no young master. Technically there is one, however, that one is trash and can be ignored.

If he, Wetton, had dragons, swordmasters, magicians, beast people, and more under his command, of course, he would win. Utilizing dragons as a national weapon would scare away the other countries. Who would dare to go against a dragon?

Instead of openly using them, the young commander hid them. A foolish move in Wetton's humble opinion. There was a thing or two he could teach the young man.

Yet, with his professional opinion ignored by unknown ingrates, all he could do was watch while mentally biting on a handkerchief.

He turned his head and looked toward Flame Dwarf chief Kanelle.

"You'll be able to see it soon."

The Flame Dwarf chief flinched at Cale's gaze. He had not been able to see Cale's gaze clearly because he had been shocked by the Lion tribe.

Cale's pupils were not shaking at all.

"They only shake when his precious money is in danger," Alberu shared wisely with the crowd.

He was in a great mood since, for once, it wasn't his home turf being attacked and all property damage wasn't his problem. The mages and the little monsters Cale took along survived just fine. No loss for Alberu. This was great, really great. Why couldn't it be like that all the time?

Cale looked unimpressed.

Sui Khan, the unofficial ambassador of Chaos and Dongsaeng teasing, chimed in with a grin on his young face. Cale felt his left eye twitch.

"Our cute Cale also gets easily flustered and scared when he is being threatened with unassuming objects."

His statement was terrifying on its own, yet Cale was more scared of the sudden interest Ron was showing in the conversation. The elder butler even stood up from his seat and walked over to them. Unholy glee was glittering brightly as the butler focused all of his attention on an extremely amused Sui Khan.

"Is that so?" Ron asked demurely, feigning disinterest. Nobody was fooled, least of all Cale, who paled quickly.

"I recall Cale getting scared of a piece of paper once." Alberu helpfully supplied.

The paper in question held various complaints from nobles about Mary and Choi Han's actions during the honor ball. Cale didn't know about that in the beginning and thought Alberu was forcing him to sign a document, taking on a difficult position, or worse, having to give up some of his hard-earned money.

"Oh!" Choi Jung Soo shouted, not wanting to be left out. He threw a pitying gaze in Cale's direction before mercilessly joining in on the fun.

"Cale got scared once by a horde of kids. They swarmed him after he saved one of them and we couldn't pry them away. They attached themselves to him like little ducklings to their mom. It was so cute."