Sorrows

Mathew's POV:

The doctor was examining my mother. I was very anxious about what doctor might tell about amma's health.

"When did you get your last asthma attack?", he asked.

"Few minutes ago, doctor.", my mother replied.

"What? Then, how come you are normal, now? This guy brought me here saying that you are verys erious and need an injection to reduce the asthma symptoms.", he asked.

"Yes, doctor. It was very difficult for me to breathe. However, the girl who lives downstairs made me use inhaler while I was having an asthma attack. That's why I'm normal now.", my mother explained.

"Ohh, then please thank that girl, first. If she wouldn't have given you inhaler at the right time, you would have become unconscious due to breathlessness and chest pain.", he said.

"But, the doctor whom we used to consult warned mother from using inhaler saying that it's dangerous to use inhaler since my mother is weak.", I said.

"What nonsense? Which doctor said that? You mother used inhaler few minutes ago, she's absolutely fine, right? Don't believe in all such rumors. I'm prescribing you inhaler, whenever you get an asthma attack, use this. No need to take injections and all. Make sure to stay in places with fresh air.", the doctor said and left. Joe went along with him.

I sat near amma and held her hand.

"Just because of Stella, I'm stable right now. Rombo nalla ponnu da. Ennaku asthma attack nu therijadhum odi poi veetlendhu inhaler kondu vandhu kudutha.", she said.

I felt guilty for screaming at her. Just because of her, my mother is in good condition, today. Avala poi ipdi thiteetome. Ana, her plan is to impress Joe and I cannot forgive that.

"Idhu edhuku da kailaye pudichitu iruka?", my mother asked pointing towards my hand.

Just then, I realised I was grabbing her inhaler which I got it from her when I pushed her away from amma.

"Enga da andha ponnu? Kupdu avala, naan pesanum. Avaluku nandri sollanum.", amma asked.

How can I tell her that I spatted all the venomous words on her and she left to her house, heartbroken.

"Ava veetuku poita ma.", I said.

"Illaye, andha ponnu apdilam pogadhe. Mathavangaluku onnu na thudichu poidum da andha ponnu. Adhuvum ennaku onnuna Inga dhana irupa, doctor enna solranganu ketutu dhana irundhu irupa? Enga Ava? Stella?", she said.

"Ipo edhuku ma avalaye katitu azhuringa? Ava enna unga ponna? Chumma Ava puranathaiye paaditu. That pumpkin is good for nothing. Edho oru vaati ungaluku help panna avlo dhan adhukunu avala thooki vechu kondadadeenga. Fat chick", I yelled in anger.

My mother looked at me with disbelief.

"Enna da pesura nee? Ava matum iniku illana naan uyiroda irundhu irupenane therila avlo moochu vida mudiyama kasta pattu irundhen. Avala poi ipdi pesuriye da? Aprm, enga irundhu da bodyshaming panna kathukita? Ipdi dha valathena unna naan? Pumpkin nu solra, fat chick nu solra ennachu unnaku? Ipdi kevalama pesura? Unnaku remind pannanum, Mathew. Orutharuku mariyadhai avanga manasu parthu kudukanum, udambu parthu illa. Dhayavasenju Inga irundhu poidu, nee ipdi kevalama buddhi ullavanu naan nenachu kuda pakala. Po, da.", my mom yelled at me furiously and pushed me away.

I came out of her and went down. Just when I was coming down, I saw Joe talking to Stella.

I went near them and stood there not letting them see me.

"I'm sorry actually I don't know amma inhaler use panna kudadhunu. Adhu theriyama naan avangaluku use kuduthuten because ennaku apdi achuna inhaler dhan use pannuven. Sorry.", she said.