Divorce

"Stella, I know this might be shocking for you but you have to accept the fact. It's been 5 months since we got married and we are not compatible with each other. I married you only one condition and you agreed with that. You promised me that you'll lose weight within six months but you failed to do so. I'm not happy having a fat wife. You are not even going for any job. You are just sitting inside your room, eating, sleeping and repeating the same. I don't think this will work out. I feel disgusted seeing your face. Let's put an end to this. Let's divorce. I'm sure about it. I wanted to tell you this at home but you were sleeping after munching food and I was not ready to handle your tantrums and to see you, crying. That's why, I'm sending you this text."

I sent her this text and was enjoying the party with Joe.

"How is your life, da? All good with Stella, Anni?"

"No, da. I'm planning to divorce her.", I said.

"What's wrong with you? She's an angel, da."

I told him everything.

"You're telling me all this. Did you even ask her what she's going through and why she's behaving like this? First do that, talk to her. Don't divorce her, da. Nalla ponnu Ava.", he said.

I shrugged it off.

"Naan unkita kalyanathuku munnadiye sonnen, Ava yamini madhiri oru ponnu miss pannidadhanu nee enna da ipdi pannitu iruka?"

"Vidu, don't spoil my mood.", I said.

"Dei, you're spoiling your life adhu dha solluven."

We started enjoying the party.

After few hours, I heeded back, home. I felt relieved after so many days.

I rang the bell but there was no response. Just then, I remembered, Ada ama la, naan dhana lock pannitu ponnen.

I opened the door and entered into the house. I turned to leave towards my room just then, I looked at the couch.

She was sitting there, sleeping. My face changed due to hatred and disgust.

"Innum thoongitu iruka, cha, enna ponno iva. Idiot. Naan vetlendhu kelambi 6 hours aagudhu, poite vandhuten innum iva thoongitu iruka. Epdi dha oru manushan ipdi thoonga mudiyumo?", I thought and I didn't like her sleeping peacefully.

I went near her and called her name.

"Stella? Get up.", I got no response.

I rolled my eyes and shook her shoulder to wake her up.

"Hey, endhiri..."

I noticed that her shoulder was very hot.

"Ennachu ivalauku, ipdi udambu kodhikidhe."

I touched her forehead and to my shock, it was burning like fire.

I quickly grabbed thermometer from my room and checked her temperature. It was 105°.

I quickly ran to my room and grabbed paracetamol tablets and came back to her. I gently tried to wake her up.

"Stella, wake up.", she slightly opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Have this.", I said.

I gave paracetamol to her and she gulped it.

"Endhiri, ulla poi padukalam, vaa.", I said.
She nodded, no.

"You won't be comfortable here", I said.

She closed her eyes.

"Sorry...", she mumbled.

"I wasn't feeling well since morning that's why I didn't cook food for you. Sorry, it was not intentional.", she mumbled.

I was feeling guilty for yelling at her without knowing that she was sick.

I made her lie on the couch and covered her with a blanket. I went to my room and started smoking Marijuana.

"Sorry", I said.

Next day,

I woke up with a jerk. Haiyo, Stella va pathi marandhutome. I don't know how she's feeling. I quickly went out of my room to check upon her. She was not there on the couch.

I went inside her room without knocking the door. I opened her door and saw her sitting on the bed.

She looked at me as soon as I entered into the room. She had tears in her eyes. She was crying.

I was shocked.

"Hey, ennachu? Udambuku enna pannudhu? Edhuku azhuvura?", I asked, walking towards her.

She wiped her tears and showed me her phone.

It had that WhatsApp message which I sent her about divorce.

Shit, I forgot to delete it.

"Why, Mathew? Naan avlo kevalamananu nenachiteengala?"

I didn't say a word.

"Nethu kalailendhu en udambu seri illanu solli dha naan samikala, illana samachi irupen. Chumma, eating and sleeping dha epome panrenu solringa? Velaiku pogama vettiya irukenu solringale, ungaluku theriyuma? One month huh I'm doing freelancing job. Unga kita sollalamni vandha podhellam en Mela erinju erinju vizhundheenga adhan sollala unga kita. Enna pathi ivlo cheap huh nenaipinganu nenaikala? And, weight koraikama betray panniten solringala, ama, apdiye vechikonga, ennaku irukura stress ennaku dha theriyum. I don't even have anyone with whom I can share my problems."

"Neenga panra torture ku naan dha ga divorce kekanum. Oru time sirikireenga next minute he moraikireenga, I can't understand you. Your words hurt me, a lot still inwas tolerating your shitty behaviour. You know why? Because of Regina ma. Before passing away, she gave me an advice that I shouldn't leave you at any cost. No matter what happens avangalukaga matum dha I'm tolerating you.", she said.

I was shocked. Amma ipdi sonnaga, epo and enga? Ennaku theriyama epdi?

I felt bad hearing her statements and left her room without uttering a single word.

I pulled out Marijuana packet and started rolling it. I forgot to close the door as I was completely stressed hearing her words.

"Am I guilty? Ava nallavala?", I asked myself when I was rolling Marijuana.

"What the heck is this?", I heard a voice.

It was her. She was standing near my room's door. She looked at me in shock.

"Go out, give me some time, I'll be back.", I said.

"Drugs pannuvingala?", she asked with a disgusted face.

I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me?", she asked.

"Hey, ama, enna ipo? Veliya po."

She looked scared.

"Epo lendhu?"

"None of your business.", I said.

"Disgusting.", she said and left from there.

Disgusting huh yaaru Nana?

I matched towards her and held her hand.

"Yaara parthu disgusted nu sonna, d?", I asked.

"Leave my hand.", she yanked my hand away and maintained distance between us.

"Please stay away from me. I'm scared of you. I'm scared to live with a drug addict."

My blood boiled hearing her statement.

I grabbed her hair and looked into her eyes.

"Unna yaaru vazha sonna? Po, d ennoda veeta vitu unnaku en kooda vazha bayama irukuna", I said and pushed her.

I went inside my room and started smoking Marijuana.

Ivala, namba mudiyala? Iva nallavala illa ketavala, that's not a problem. Ava Gunda irukuradhe problem.

Hi guys

Do you want Stella to divorce Mathew?

Target: 30 likes and 10 comments