Surprise

Mathew's POV:

It was around 11:30 pm. I had already ordered dinner for us and she was still, sleeping.

I didn't want to disturb her so I didn't wake her up. I went to her room and sat beside her.

I caressed her hair and held her hand.

"I'm sorry for letting you suffer all alone.", I said and kissed her hand.

Then, I slowly shook her and woke her up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

As soon as she saw me, she sat up quickly on the bed.

"Ennachu?", she asked.

"Nothing. It's 11:30 pm, sapdalam vaa.", I said.

"Ohh, 11:30 ayiducha? I'm sorry. Naan ivlo neram epdi thoongunene therila, irunga naan poi dinner samikiren.", she said and stood up from the bed.

I held her hand and said, "Hey, iru. Relax, naan already sapadu roder panniten."

"Haiyo, paravala ga. Naan atleast ungaluku veetu sapadu samachiduren. Aprm, ungaluku food poison ayida pogudhu, hotel sapadu saptu.", she said

I recalled my words and how I insulted her for not cooking food on that day when I experienced food poisoning.

"Adhellam, onnum aagadhu, come let's have dinner.", I said.

I dragged her out of the room. I told her to sit in the dining room. I grabbed two plates and went there and sat next to her.

I served her, the food.

"Paravala, I'll do it.", she said.

"It's ok.", I said and continued my work.

"You can have as much food as you can and I won't judge you.", I said. She looked at me, surprised.

Then, after finishing the food, she was about to enter her room when I stopped her.

"Wait, sit here and close your eyes.", I said.

"Why? What happened?", she asked.

"Please, close your eyes. I'll be back.", I said. She listened to me.

After sometime, I went to the fridge and grabbed that cake which I bought and heeded out.

"Open your eyes.", I said and she opened her eyes. Her eyes widened in shock, seeing the cake. She looked at me in surprise.

"Happy 6 months anniversary, Stella.", I said.

She was just looking at me with a blank face.

"Come, let's cut the cake.", I said and grabbed her hands. We both cut the cake. I took a piece of cake near her mouth but she took it from my hand and ate it.

I was expecting her to feed me. As expected, she took a piece and showed it to me. She didn't take it near my mouth. I grabbed it from her hand and had it.

"Stella, I have bought your favourite bakery items from writer's cafe. It's in the fridge, do have it.", I said.

"Ohh... Ok.", she said and started staring at the floor.

"Stella", I said and grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did. I know I have hurt you, so many times and I completely...", she freed her hand from my grip.

"Mathew, wait. Can I ask you something?", she had tears in her eyes.

"What?", I asked.

"Do you remember you gave me 6 months to lose weight. Those 6 months got over, today."

"So?", I asked.

"So, as you said it's time for us to get separated. So, since we are getting divorced, you are very happy and celebrating it by cutting this cake, am I right?", she said, wiping her tears.

"What? No. I didn't mean anything like that. Please, don't mistake me. I wanted to celebrate this 6 months wedding anniversary with you, that's why I bought this cake.", I tried to explain but everything went in vain.

"Enough, it's better if we get separated. Let's get divorced, Mathew.", she said and the world around me stopped.

She wants me to leave her. Never ever in this life.

After hearing her words, my head started spinning and I was able to sense that I was losing consciousness.

"Mathew... Mathew...", this is what I heard before passing out.

Time Skip,

I opened my eyes only to find a elderly man sitting in front of me, examining me. My head ached a lot.

I tried to get up but was not able to do so. I laid down my head again on something and it wasn't a pillow.

I raised my head and saw the person and it was Stella. I was resting my head on her lap.

"Are you ok?", she asked and I smiled at her.

"Mathew, look at me.", the elderly person said. I looked at that person.

"I'm Dr. Sivam. Are you alright?", she said.

"Yes doctor."

"Mathew, do you experience any symptoms such as excessive hunger, sweating, weight gain?"

"Yes doctor. I have put on so much of weight. Why, doctor?", I asked.

"Mathew, It's disheartening to say that you have got diabetes.", he said.

I was shocked to know that I have got diabetes.