Regret

Mathew's POV:

I was sleeping soundly away from this fake world. Suddenly, I heard a cacophony of noises in my head—voices, laughter, taunts—my own voice, echoing with every insult I hurled at Stella. The humiliation and Stella's past- Juno's ill-treatment, my owe to protect her everything flashed inside my head.

My heart pounded and I bolted upright in bed, gripping my head, struggling to block out the noise. I gasped for air, feeling trapped in my own thoughts. My hands tremble as the memories of my life before the accident come flooding back.

"No…no…what have I done?"

I clenched my fists, staring down at my hands, trying to make sense of everything. Slowly, the fog in my mind cleared, and with a jolt, I remember the accident, the memory loss, and—most painfully—the fact that before the accident, I had been planning to reconcile with Stella.

"Ava kuda pudusa life arambikalamnu irundhen… I had accepted her for who she was… Epdi adhellam maraka mudinjadhu ennala?"

The realization hit me like a truck: I had divorced the one person I was finally beginning to understand, to love for who she truly was. And now, I was the one alone, haunted by my mistakes.

I break down, tears streaming down my face as I pound my fists against the bed in frustration and self-loathing.

"I destroyed everything… I pushed her away… because of my arrogance… because I was too blind to see her worth…"

I curled up on the bed, my chest heaving with sobs. The weight of my regrets crushed me. I cried myself into an exhausted, restless sleep, my heart heavy with the knowledge that I may have lost Stella for good.

A few hours later,

I'm driven by regret and the unbearable need to make things right with Stella. After regaining my memories, all I can think about is finding her and begging for forgiveness. I want to start a new life with her. But, the idea that she might be with Raghu gnaws at me. I wonder if I'm too late, but my guilt and longing push me, forward.

I decide to find her and apologize to her. I get refreshed and wear good clothes to look presentable infornt of her. Obviously, she'll be in her father's home. I grabbed the car keys and drove to Joshua uncle's house.

I parked my car, outside and reached her house. My heart was pounding as I climbed up the stairs. As I approaches the door, my heart started pounding even faster with anxiety. With hesitation and guilt, I rang the door bell. After sometime, Joshua uncle opened the door, immediately recognizing him.

"What do you want, now? Haven’t you done enough damage?", he asked.

I stumbled over his words, trying to explain myself.

"Please, uncle, listen to me once. I committed a huge mistake by divorcing her. I can only blame that stupid accidente hich took away the good memories which I made with her. Before meeting with the accident, I was about to start a new life with her.", I said.

"What do you mean?", he asked in confusion.

"I remember everything now—before the accident, before I lost my memory. I was ready to start a new life with her. I was wrong to push her away, and I need to make it right. I'm sorry.", I said.

Joshua uncle's expression hardens, and he shakes his head.

"You’ve come too late, Mathew. She’s finally happy, she’s finally moved on. Why do you want to disrupt her life again? You’ve already broken her once, don’t come back and do it, again."