Stealing

Mathew's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night as I was feeling very uncomfortable. I don't know what was that feel.

I opened my eyes and yawned. I grabbed my phone to check the time and it was 3 am.

I sat up on the bed to drink water. My room was too cold as AC was switched on for so many hours and it was still running. I like my room like this, cold as Switzerland. I searched for the AC remote to switch it off but didn't get it. I searched it throughout the room and finally, I found it in the cupboard.

Ada, ama, nethu marijuana packets edukumbodhu idha ingaye maathi vechiten.

Naan oru loosu.

Author: Adhan, ooruke theriyume.

Just then, I realised that the place where she was sleeping yesterday was empty. The bedsheet on which she was laying was still there and also her pillow was in the same place.

"Enga pona indha nerathula?", I thought.

I went to the living room to check whether she was sleeping there. I was sure that she wouldn't be in her room. So, I didn't check her room.

Author: Ivlo theduriye bathroom la parthiya da?

Mathew:

I quickly reached my room and checked the bathroom and she wasn't there

I quickly reached my room and checked the bathroom and she wasn't there. Apo enga dha pona? I was thinking while my balcony door was slightly opened.

"Idhu epdi open la iruku, nethu naan moodama vandhutena?"

I was about to lose it when I heard someone sneezing 🤧.

"Haiyo, thirudan vandhutan polaye?"

"Who's that?", I asked but got no response.

After gathering courage, I opened the door and entered the balcony. My eyes widened looking at that person.

To my utter shock, it was Stella. She was sitting in the balcony with her back supported by the wall. She was in half-sleep and I noticed that she has wrapped the bedsheet around her body.

I quickly kneeled down and touched her shoulder.

"Stella?", after sometime, she opened her eyes.

"Edhuku Inga thoongitu iruka? Naan dha sonnenla bed la thoongunu. What's wrong with you?", I asked.

Before she could utter a word, a sneeze interrupted.

"Paaru, epdi iruku in condition nu? Vaa, ulla polam.", I said and held her hands for support.

When I touched her hands, I realised how cold she was.

I brought her in and made her sit on the bed.

"Edhuku anga thoonguna? Paaru, un hands evlo chillunu irukunu."