Appreciation

After few weeks,

"Hey Stella.", I yelled but she didn't come out.

I called her again but no response. Enna panra lo? Sethutha pola.

I opened her room's door without knocking only to find her, talking to someone.

"Hey, Are you deaf? Whom are you talking to?"

She didn't give me a glance and continued talking to that person. She was talking in a professional way.

"Yes, sir. I'll complete the articles and send it to you, tonight. Thank you for your patience.", she said and hung up the video call.

She looked at me.

"Mathew, don't have basic etiquette to knock on the door and enter inside and in spite of knowing that I was on call, why did you tell like that?", she asked.

"I don't care about all that. Today, my friends are coming. Keep the food, ready and please don't show your face to them. I'm ashamed to say that I have..."

"Fat ugly wife.", she completed.

I raised my eyebrows.

She has become smart.

"When you don't want me to show my face to your friends, then why do you want me to cook for them? I can't", she said.

Oh, ipolam thimiru adhigam ayiduchu, ivazhuku.

"Hey, shut up and do what I say."

"I can't and I'm busy today. Ennaku freelancing work iruku so stop disturbing me.", she said.

"Don't test my patience. I don't give a damn about your work, so naan solradhu sei.", I said.

"Ok.", she said.

"Good.", I said and went inside the bathroom to have a quick shower.

Ipolam edhiruthu edhiruthu pesura. After having a shower, I came out of the bathroom and gazed at the mirror.

I was shocked to see my body. I have become fat.

Thoppai vandhuruche, nammaku and dark circles kuda. Cha, what the heck is wrong with my body.

Nalailendhu GYM ku porom, body huh maintain panrom.

I got ready and came out of my room. I searched for her and ashe was nowhere to be seen.

"Stella?", I looked for her in the garden, kitchen but no she wasn't there.

I went to her room to check whether she had taken her phone with her and thought of giving her a call. Just then, I noticed a text.

"Sorry, Mathew. I cannot cook for your friends as you said you're feeling embarrassed to introduce me to them. I'm not your maid to do all your chores and get slammed. Also, I'm busy with my office work. You weren't listening to my words, so I'm going. Send me a message after your friends leave so that I don't make you feel embarrassed infront of them."

I closed my eyes in frustration.

Idiot, I cursed under my breath.

I ordered food for my friends and was waiting for them.

Finally, Ranjith, Abdul, Sanjay came home.

They are my close friends. Ranjith and Sanjay lives in Mussorie and Abdul lives in Mangalore.

We have been together since our college days.

I invited them in and we started chatting.

"Hey, you got married then where is your wife, da? Call her.", Abdul said.