Support

Stella's POV:

I was sitting on the couch, texting my new client. Just then, I got a call from my dad.

I picked up the call.

"Hello, sollunga pa."

"Enna ma panitu iruka?"

"Velai dha pa. Ennachu edhachum important vishayama?"

"Illa, ma. Oru vishayam pesanum."

"Sollunga."

"Onnula ma, iniku en friend huh meet pannen. Apo unna pathi pesitu irukumbodhu, Avan sonna avanoda paiyanuku nee panra velai rombo pudichi irukam. Adha pathi unkita pesanumnu rombo aarvama irukana ma, andha paiyan."

"Enna pesanum pa?"

"Avanukum indha madhiri counselling kudukuradhu, mathavangaluku mentally help panradhu pudikumam. Adhan, un kita suggestions keka poranu sonnaga. Avana iniku sharp 4 pm, writer's cafe la meet panriya?", he asked.

"Ohh, apdiya. Seri, dad. I'll go.", I said.

I hung up the call and started rotating my phone with my fingers.

Just then, I remembered that I was having a conversation with my client. I got back to work and continued talking to my client.

Time Skip,

I entered the Writer’s Café, the cozy warmth and smell of coffee mingling with freshly baked pastries immediately wrapping me in a sense of familiarity.

It had been a long time since I had stepped my foot in this place. My heart sank a little as her mind wandered back to the first and last time I had come here—when I had been with Mathew.

That day had been perfect, in every sense, until it wasn’t. I could still remember our hesitance, the playful whining of Mathew over the ice cream issue, the shared mac and cheese, and how everything had felt like it was a new beginning. Now, those memories were bittersweet, tinged with the kind of pain that only time could dull.

I found myself at the same table by the window, where I had once sat with Mathew. My fingers traced the grain of the wooden surface, her heart heavy with nostalgia.

"Please, tell me your order, ma'am?", The voice of the waiter interrupted my thoughts, bringing me back to the present.

I blinked and looked up at him.

"I’m waiting for someone," I replied with a polite smile, gently declining the menu he offered.

The waiter nodded and left me, alone.

Moments later, a voice broke through the soft hum of the café.

"Stella?"

I turned around and saw him—Raghu, my dad’s friend’s son, standing just a few feet away with an awkward but warm smile. He was someone she had heard about from her father but had never actually met. An aspiring individual who, like her, had a passion for helping others. Except, his focus was on people struggling with depression.

"Hii." I said, slightly surprised.

"Hii, I'm Raghu.", he responded.

Raghu laughed nervously as he walked closer, extending his hand. "Finally, good to meet you in person."

I smiled and shook his hand.

"It’s nice to meet you too! Unna pathu… it’s strange, but I feel like I’ve known you for a long time.", I said.

Raghu took a seat in front of me.

"Yeah, I feel the same. You’ve done a lot of good things, Stella. I’ve been following your work, especially your work on body positivity and mental health. It’s inspiring."

Stella’s eyes widened slightly.

"Really? Naan apdi onnum periya vishayam pannalanu nenachitu iruken. Just trying to help in small ways."

"But those small ways make a big difference," Raghu insisted.

"Neenga evlo peruku hope kudukureenga, theriyuma?. I admire that."

I smiled, a little taken aback by his genuine appreciation.

"நீNeenga epo idhellam seiya arambicheenga? I heard you’re trying to help people dealing with depression.", I asked.

Raghu leaned back in his chair, his expression turning thoughtful.

"It all started when a close friend of mine went through a really tough time. I didn’t know how to help, and I felt helpless. So, I started reading, learning, and trying to understand what people go through. And the more I learned, the more I wanted to do something.", he said.

"That's incredible," I said sincerely.

"Depression can be so isolating. Knowing that people like you are there to help—it really matters.", I added.

The waiter returned, and I glanced at the menu.

"I’ll have the Mac and Cheese, please," I said, my voice was soft but clear.

It was a comforting choice, a subtle nod to the past.

Raghu smiled, noticing the connection she had with the dish.

"Mac and Cheese, huh? Something tells me there’s a story behind that order."

I chuckled. "You could say that. It’s… nostalgic."

We both fell into an easy conversation about our shared passion for helping others, exchanging stories about the people we had met and the challenges they had faced. Raghu was articulate and passionate, with a calm energy that made Stella feel at ease.

"Stella, honestly, I’ve been admiring your work for a while now. You’re really making an impact", Raghu said after a pause, his voice more serious now.
"You should start something more official—a group or an organization. You have the drive, the experience."

I laughed lightly. "Edho ennoda nonexistent organization perusa odura madhiri pesureenga? I just have a small website where I post tips and advice. I also interact with people to make them feel better. I’m not running a foundation or anything.", I said.

"But why not?" Raghu pressed. "You have the potential to do something bigger. Maybe even start a movement. If you ever decide to take it further, I’d love to be a part of it."

I raised an eyebrow, amused by his earnestness. "So, you’re saying you want to join my non-existent organization?"

Raghu laughed.

"Why not? Even if it doesn’t exist yet, the work you’re doing is important. Even just through your website, you’re reaching people."

I hesitated for a moment, his words sinking in. I had never really thought of her efforts as something that could grow into more, but hearing Raghu speak with such conviction made me wonder if something was holding myself, back.

"Okay, well… let’s start with something small," I said with a smile.

"You can be part of my website—how about that?", I asked.

"Done!" Raghu grinned, pulling out his phone.

"Let’s exchange numbers, and I’ll help you with whatever you need."

We exchanged numbers, and for the first time in a long while, I felt a spark of excitement at the possibilities ahead. Raghu had reignited something in me that I hadn’t even realized had dimmed—a belief in my own power to create change.

As we finished their food, Stella looked out the window, the world outside feeling a little brighter, a little more hopeful.

"Neenga ennoda life la kadaisi nerathu vandhalum, something tells me this meeting is going to be important," I thought as my eyes were still on the world, outside.

"I feel the same way. We’ve only just begun.", Raghu thought.

Hi guys, sorry for the late update.

I was busy with my studies, da. Sorry guys. After a month, I'm updating.

I want genuine comments about the chapter and what do you think about this new character, Raghu? Please let me know. I'll update soon.

Tata, bye.