Loss

"Amma is serious, aam.", he said.

"Ennadhu? Ennachu? Nalla dhane irundhanga.", I asked.

"Therila.", he said and hugged me.

"I'm scared, Stella. Enna vitutu poiduvangala?", he asked me.

I consoled him and said "Apdilam nadakadhu, have faith in God. First hospital polam, vanga."

I held his hand and we walked out. I saw his condition and interpreted that he is not in the condition to drive the car. I called a running auto and we both got inside the auto.

"Amma enna vitutu poiduvanga. Naan enna pannuven apo?", he was murmuring.

I held his arms tightly and consoled him.

We reached the hospital and rushed towards Regina ma's ward.

Joe was standing in front of the room, crying.

"Ennachu, da?", Mathew asked him.

He hugged Mathew tightly.

"Sorry, da. Amma nammala vitu poitanga.", he said.

I was not able to believe my ears. Mathew held Joe's collar.

"Enna da solra?", he asked.

"Ama, da. She passed away 30 minutes ago. Unnaku call podumbodhu she wasn't alive. Un kita unmaiya sonna thanga matenu dhan serious huh irukanganu sonnen da.", he said.

I hugged Mathew and consoled him.

"Amma poitanga, enna vitutu. I'm an orphan, now. Ennaku yaarume illa.", he said.

"Naan iruken, ungaluku. En ipdilam pesuringa?", I said.

He looked at me and hugged my waist, burying his head in my stomach.

Then, after all the formalities, the funeral was conducted. She was looking very beautiful.

"Inime yaarukuda ma ukandhu daily pesuven, ipdi enna vitutu poiteengale?", I thought looking at her face.

Mathew was a crying mess. My dad was consoling him.

After the funeral, we needed back to home.

"Stella, mappilai ya bathirama parthuko, he's not stable emotionally.", my amma said.

I nodded and went with him.

"Mathew, sapadu sapudringala?", I asked.

He looked at me with a disgusting face.

"Ipo kuda unnaku sapadu dhan mukiyam la? Enga amma erandhutanga and you are asking me sapadu sapudringala? Chi, disgusting."

"Mathew, you're losing it. Nethu lendhu onnume sapdala neenga adhan keten. You'll starve and faint if you don't have food.", I said.

"Maybe, unnaku apdi irukalam. Ennakellam onnum aagadhu. I know how to control my hunger. Unnaku dhan andha control he kedaiyadhe. Po, poi kotiko, en sapadaiyum serthu kotiko.", he said and went into his room.

He closed the room door with a thud.

His words hurted me a lot. Ipo naan enna ketutenu he's insulting me.

Insult panna matenu sonarula aprm enna?

I wanted to go to the kitchen to cook something but after hearing his venomous words, I retracted and went inside my room.

I was very hungry. Not sure, what to do, I went to the kitchen and started making seviya upma.

Before I could have some food, I thought of giving some to him.