Impressed?

Mathew's POV:

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at the fresh tattoo inked across my chest.

Stella’s name, bold and permanent, was etched into my skin—a desperate attempt to prove my love. I traced the ink with my fingers, feeling the burn of the needle still lingering on my skin. It was supposed to be a symbol of my undying love—a gesture to show her that I was serious. That I could be the man she deserved.

"Kandipa, avaluku indha tattoo pudikum.", I said.

I put on my shirt which was laying on the bed.

I picked up the bouquet of white lilies I had bought, Stella’s favorite.

Today was the day. I was going to win her back, no matter what.

I left my apartment with a determined look, rehearsing the words in his mind, clinging to hope.

I drove to her apartment with high hopes thinking that she'll accept me.

I stood infront of her door with hesitation and nervousness. With trembling hands, I pressed the door bell.

Finally, I heard the sound of the door opening. She opened the door, her expression immediately shifting to frustration when she saw me standing there with the bouquet in hand. I forced a smile, holding out the flowers like a peace offering.

"Hi, Stella. Unnakaga un favourite flowers vangitu vandhu iruken. Naan... Naan pannadhu ellame thappu dhan othukuren ana ipo naan mariten. Sathiyama solren. Naan unna pathi nenaikadha naal illa.", I said with my eyes filled with love.

But, Stella didn't budge and crossed her arms, her face cold and unyielding.

"Mathew, ethana vaati dha namma ingaye stuck aagi nikiradhu. Flowers kondu vandhu kudutha ellam seri ayiduma, Mathew? Flowers won’t fix what’s broken. I’ve moved on. Why can’t you understand that?", she said.

My heart sank, but I refused to give up.

"Stella, please purinjiko. Unnaku en love huh prove panradhukaga idho I... I’ve tattooed your name on my chest, Stella! Paaru. I can’t live without you. Just… just give me one more chance."

I unbuttoned my shirt slightly, revealing the fresh tattoo on my chest with her name scrawled across it.

"Unnakaga dha idhellam. I want to prove how much you mean to me, how serious I am. Just give me a chance to make things right."

Stella stared at the tattoo in disbelief, her anger rising.

Her eyes flickered to the tattoo for a brief second, but her expression didn’t soften. Instead, it hardened with anger.

"Do you think that a tattoo can change anything? That you can just erase all the pain you caused with some ink on your chest? You think a grand gesture will make me forget how you treated me? You don’t get it, Mathew. You never did."

"Vera enna seiyanum? What am I supposed to do to win you back?", I asked.

"Sollanuma?", she asked.

"Please...", I said.

"Enna vitudunga. I don't want you. Ennaku inime unga kuda vazha pudikala. So, leave me. Unga kuda vaazhndha andha 8 months were like living hell to me. Please, go away from my life.", she pleaded joining both her hands in front of me.

Her words stung more than I had expected. I opened my mouth to respond, but she had already turned her back on me, her message clear.

Stella's POV:

Two days later,

The café was buzzing with people. Conversations mix with the sound of clinking cups and laughter.