Chapter 23

Martin's POV:

"Happy birthday Martin!" I wake up to Maddie shouting. She's sitting on my belly and kneeling on both my sides (the bed). I complain sleepily. "Oh my god, you're awake!" she shouts once again, bending over and hugging me. I hug her back.

"Hi," I say and she giggles.

"Happy birthday baby," she whispers into my ear. Then pulls away with a huge smile on her face. "You're 21 now, although it doesn't really matter because you do everything even though you're underage."

"True," I say rubbing my eyes. I get up quickly and wrap my arms around her waist, taking her by surprise. She squeals and laughs as I tickle her.

"Oh my god, Martin! Stop!" she yells about to cry due to how much she has been laughing.

I stop and stare at her as she tries to even out her breathing.

"Don't ever do that again." her breathing is still heavy and I start tickling her once again.

-

"Are you ready?" she asks, her hands covering my eyes and her guiding me since all I see is darkness.

"When am I not?" I say. Her hands leave from my face and I am suddenly shocked when I see the big gift.

"Maddie!" I excitedly open the unlocked door and hop in. "I love it!" I say as my eyes inspect ever corner of the vehicle. "And it's my favorite color," I laugh.

"Black. Such an unusual color for a car," she says sarcastically, totally calm though my heart will beat out of my chest in any moment due to my excitement.

"How are you calm?!" I ask as if she was crazy as I touch the Lamborghini steering wheel. She shrugs.

"I'm the one who bought it," she smiles. I get out of the car and walk towards her.

"I can't believe it, thank you," I say as I hug her tightly. The doorbell rings, interrupting the hug that just lasted three seconds.

Since we are in the garage, Maddie presses a button and the garage door starts lifting up. We wait until someone walks by, and the people who had came were no surprise at all.

"Hey man! Happy birthday!" Dillon gives me a hug as he pats my back really hard.

"Gelukkige verjaardag!" Julian greets me in dutch, doing the same as Dillon. My back must be red.

"Woah, is that your car?" Dillon points at the car, looking at Maddie.

"No, but I bought it," she looks up at me and gives a warm smile.

"She gave you a Lamborghini for your birthday? Damn man, never let her go," Dillon laughs.

"Well she is just my best friend, not a girlfriend so that's easier to hold on to," Dillon looks at me as if I was making a joke. A few seconds of silence go by and I wait for someone to say something.

"Oh sorry I was waiting for you to finish the joke," Dillon says.

"Shut up Dillon," Maddie says as she rubs her eye with her hand in a ball. I find it cute.

"Are you tired?" Dillon chuckles.

"Well when you wake up early to make a big, special breakfast of course you're tired,"

"Oh is there more? Me and Julian were expecting food from you," he asks.

"Why do I have to feed you and yes, it's on the counter," they both run into the house. I chuckle.

"They're crazy," I say to Maddie.

"Dillon's crazy," it almost sounds like she is defending Julian.