Chapter 46

"I'm nervous and scared. I don't even want to do this."

"Suck it up Martin. For now, at least. You'll see that you're going to like it... eventually."

A couple of weeks have past and my belly is actually pretty big. Well, compared to what it usually looks like. I've been pregnant for about two months or so now.

I'm currently helping Martin get ready for his first rehearsal of the show. Today is the first time he meets the actress he's going to be kissing and being romantic with all the time on camera. They're about to test their chemistry and how well they get along.

"But what if I don't?"

"You will," I say as I fix the collar of his shirt. "You ready?"

"I guess."

We exit his trailer and head for where his first scene will be.

"You remember your lines, right?" I ask.

"For the millionth time, yes."

"Just checking."

And then we see his co-star, talking to the director.

My mouth almost drops to the floor, and after seeing a woman like that in person, I begin to feel really insecure.

She's one of those women that you meet, and you immediately assume they are models, because they have the perfect Victoria's Secret Angel body and the silky hair and a symmetrical face. But apparently she isn't, because she's on this show - with Martin.

Once I realized that I've been staring in awe for seconds, I turn to Martin, who was doing the exact same.

"I think I like it now," he says, never taking his eyes off of her.

Jealousy comes in waves, all over my body. For a moment there I was contemplating whether or not drag Martin out of there.

But we aren't dating.

I can't tell him what to do. I can't tell him whom to date. No matter how beautiful and sexy they are.

And I suddenly begin to review myself and my life: I'm pregnant and don't know who the father is. I'm doing great, making smart choices.

She sees Martin and immediately comes over to say hi.

I watch as they greet and speak to each other, Martin not bothering to remember that I exist.

Thanks to Martin, I have to introduce myself, "Hello, I'm Madeleine. Nice to meet you."

"Madeleine Delacroix! Oh, I love your work! And your voice is just heavenly."

"Oh, wow," she really caught me off guard there. "Thank you. What is your name?"

"Raquel Acosta." She sticks her hand out for me to shake. "It's such a pleasure."

I can't decide whether her name sounds more like a model's or a porn star's. I shake her hand as I say, "Likewise."

She and Martin continue to talk. Damn, they do have good chemistry.

Him, playing Christian, the foreign boy who happens to be very cheeky, and her, playing Maggie, the queen of charisma and party girl who takes nothing seriously.

I would have been perfect for that role.

They actually get along so well. You can tell.

I'm screwed. My baby is going to grow up having an irresponsible mother and a father with a hot wife. If it turns out to be a boy, then I'm double screwed. He'll prefer going to Martin's house just to see his model-worthy spouse.