Chapter 29

I look at him, insecure.

"Martin," I breathe out, taken by surprise. He takes a deep breath.

"Can I come in?" he asks. I hesitate for a second but step aside.

As he looks the other way, I quickly look at myself in the mirror that's in front of the door; I look like a mess. I look like a zombie. I look horrible. Of course you do, you just woke up.

I try to fix myself up but it isn't really working.

And I just realized that I have his t-shirt and the onesie he gave me on, plus, I walked over with the teddy bear he gave me in my hands, which is now thrown all over the floor, getting dirty.

I rapidly pick it up, not wanting it to get dirty or get bugs or something. Martin turns to me in the middle of my action.

I try acting normal, as if I don't look like this, don't have these clothes on and don't have what I have in my hands.

"Why do you have all of that on?" his attractive accent asks me. I was hoping he wouldn't notice but then I realized that he always looks at my body. I open my mouth, unsure of what to say.

"I just put it on, I don't know." I shrug.

"That onesie I gave you." I've missed his voice so much.

"It's just a onesie and a t-shirt." I nervously laugh, scratching my head.

"You think I don't recognize the shirt you stole from me?" he smirks and gives me a look I can't describe.

"Oh, I hadn't noticed it was yours," I lie and cross my arms over my chest.

"You're a terrible liar." he smiles a little. "And the teddy bear?"

"I love this teddy bear."

"I gave it to you."

"Unfortunately."

And that is how you cut a conversation.

He smiles.

"I've missed you."

"I really don't believe you," I reply shortly with my main thought at the moment.

"It's okay. One believes whatever they want."

"That's exactly what I'm doing right now," I say in a bitter tone. "Why won't you stop smiling? Did you remember Selena?" I narrow my eyes at him as he touches his hair.

He scoffs.

"I don't know if I should be offended or laugh about it."

"It's okay. One gets offended or laughs at whatever they want," I modify his sentence.

"I'm guessing you're not too thrilled to see me." he looks afar to his side. The truth is: I actually am thrilled to see him. I've missed everything about him; his laugh, his smile, his scent, his accent, his voice, and overall just seeing him. He is gorgeous.

"What makes you think that?" I play confused.

"Your bitchy sarcasm." at first, I am taken aback a little by his comment, but then I regain composure.

"It defines me, doesn't it?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"It sure does." he smiles. "I really want to hug you right now but I don't think that would please you."

"I want to hug you too, you dick," I reply aggressively. "I've been wanting to for almost a month. Right now I'm just fighting the desire."