Chapter 39

Madeleine's POV:

"Okay, here is mine," Ariana says as she hands me the present she has for me.

Yesterday we got back to Los Angeles and I find out that everyone had planned on coming over to Martin's house (where I am still staying) to give me all my birthday gifts. (I've forgotten about gifts).

I slowly open the black and baby pink striped box, trying to get the tissue paper out of the way so I could get to the gift.

"What?!" I exclaim, overly excited noe that I see it. "You did not give me this!"

"Oh, yes I did."

"How did you know this one is my favorite?"

"You've told me a bunch of times, Maddie."

"A bra?" Dillon asks.

I give him an annoyed look, though I understand he doesn't know the importance of this bra.

"This isn't just any bra, this is The Bombshell Fantasy Bra by Victoria's Secret. It's worth two million dollars."

"You paid two million dollars for a bra?" Julian asks Ariana, seeming incredulous.

"Of course! And, see? She loves it!"

"Yeah. I'm really happy now." I grin.

"Okay, try it on later. Now, let's continue with the presents!" Ariana says.

I turn to Martin, who is empty-handed.

"Save the best for last," he says.

I turn to Dillon.

"Ariana helped me out."

He hands me a beautiful, pastel pink box.

I gasp, continued by pitchy sounds caused by excitement.

Another Chanel bag to add to my not-so-big collection.

"I love it! Thank you!" I can't help but speak loudly and can't wipe off the grin that is on my face.

"I didn't get any help with this," Julian says proudly as he hands me a big bag, which turns out to be very heavy when I grab it.

I take out all the tissue paper that was at the top, revealing a huge load of candles.

"How did you know I love candles?" I ask as I take them all out, reading of what scent they are. "Even the scents are on point."

"You're always talking about how much you love them... I figured they would be nice for your house."

"Yes. They will be. I just have to find a house first." I laugh under my breath, but no one even replies.

I look back into the big bag empty of any more candles, and an envelope at the bottom of it catches my eye.

"What's this?" I ask.

Once again, no answer.

I open, just to find quite a few hundred-dollar bills.