Chapter 37

Madeleine's POV:

I run into my suite, happy that my hair and makeup artists are already here.

They try their best to do my hair and change up my whole makeup quickly.

And they were actually quicker than I thought they would be.

I grab my dress (the photo attached) and slip it on, along with my white high heels.

I stumble out of the room and go to the lobby, where we agreed we'd meet up. Of course, all three of them are already there.

I check the time on my phone: 11:40.

"Shit, let's go!"

Going to the formal party to the hotel took about ten minutes, and getting to the afterparty from the hotel, about, thirteen. It was hosted at another venue.

We get there and enter quickly, it being 11:53.

I search and immediately find what I was looking for.

He is talking to a girl, pretending to be listening to her deeply.

"Hey, Maddie," he interrupts what she is saying.

I turn to her and try to sound as serious as I can:

"He's not worth it."

She looks at him one last time before walking away.

Wes opens up his arms and lifts his eyebrows: questioning gestures.

"You're mine tonight." I pull on his tie and walk us over to the dance floor.

After a few minutes of dancing and drinks, the countdown begins.

"Sixty, fifty nine, fifty eight!" and they go on and on.

"You know, you're actually going to have to go find another girl for your New Years kiss," I shout over the people counting down.

He looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed, confused.

And I leave him there, once again, as I walk away.

Martin's POV:

Everyone starts counting down, leaving me no other choice then to search for Maddie.

When I spot her, she seems like she is looking around for something. And when she spots me, she walks over seductively. Kind of how super models walk on the runway.

She grabs me by my shirt, and pulls me towards her as everyone yells "Happy New Year!", crashing our lips together.

I grab her waist and pull her closer.

She pulls away after a few seconds, and drags me to the dance floor.

After about an hour, that seemed to be much less, a very particular song starts to play.

Justin and Jack Ü's song, Where Are Ü Now.

Maddie abruptly stops dancing, her face falling.

She looks into my eyes. I hug her.

Thomas and Sonny were in the DJ booth, playing their songs.