Chapter 13

"Okay, one, two, three!" At the count of three we teared the wrapping paper off of eachother's presents.

"Okay you open your box first." I said to him, he hesitantly opened it and took out his new pair of Nikes I bought him.

"They're awesome!" He got really excited. "And they're my size! How did you know it?"

"I... did some research." I said smirking. He smiled, hugged and thanked me, then told me to open my box.

I gasped and held the shirt he gave me in front of me so I could read what it said, while smiling. "The Martin Garrix team." I said of my shirt, that had that written on it.

"There's more." He said. I looked and saw a smaller jewelery box. I opened it to see a beautiful diamond necklace and gasped.

"Martin!" I got really happy and excited. "Oh my god this is beautiful!" I shouted.

"They're real diamonds." He said smirking.

"Martin, oh my god this must have been so expensive!" I shouted once again.

"It's nothing." He said shrugging. I looked at him adoringly before speaking again.

"Thank you so much." I hugged him.

"I'll help you put it on." He said grabbing the necklace and putting it around my neck.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"There's still more." He said smirking.

"Martin, you've done so much and I just gave you some-" I was cut off.

"We're going to Amsterdam for New Years!" He shouted holding two plane tickets infront of his face.

"What?!" I squealed while standing up. "Oh my god, I love you!" I said then hugged him, and we jumped in happiness.

-

"I'm scared, I'm scared of planes, I hate planes." I said quickly and panicking, closing my eyes tightly and gripping onto my seat's arm-rests.

I have always been scared of planes, ever since I was little, I hate them.

"It's okay, it's okay Maddie, don't panic." He says soothingly, starting to panic because he can't make me stop. We grabbed eachother's hands and intwined our fingers, I held his tightly while taking deep breaths, after take off, I soon fell asleep because of how exhausted I was.

"Hey, hey, wake up." Martin whispered to me as he shook my arm after several hours I slept. I just turn around, not opening my eyes. "Wake up, we only have an hour left of flight." I opened my eyes and tried to completely wake up, which took about 2 minutes.

"You guys are a very cute couple." A woman in her mid 40s said to us. I always get annoyed when people think that just because a girl and a boy are hanging out it means they're dating, why can't a girl and a boy be friends in peace?

"We're actu-" I started saying but then was cut off by Martin.

"Thanks." He says, I looked at him with a confused look before I looked down to see our fingers intertwined. I looked back at the lady then smiled and nodded.

Our hands fit together perfectly, it was like they were two puzzle pieces that were in the place they had to be in. I also felt safe with Martin's hand in mine, well, wrapping my tiny one. It was like he was protecting me from all the bad things, just by holding my hand, and I loved it, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

"We will now be landing in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Fasten your seatbelts..." The pilot spoke through the microphone and kept going on and on about things we had to do.