Chapter 28

"Maddie, what is wrong with you?!" Martin yells at me.

"You know how I feel about her! She's a bitch!"

"You can't just go up to someone and start a fight!" he ignores my comment.

"Why are you yelling at me?!"

"Because you just went and slapped the shit out of her!"

"She deserves it! She's just trying to ruin our friendship!"

"No she isn't! Why would someone even do something like that?"

"She hates me! She would do anything to hurt me!"

"No one could ruin a friendship without a good reason, you're overreacting," he says calmly, ending the conversation by walking away.

"Not everyone is as kind as you think!" I yell. "This is just what she wanted!" I start to sob, watching as he gets smaller and smaller, by being farther away from me.

"Maddie," Dillon says, making me snap out of my thoughts. Or may I say, flashback.

"What?" I say, looking lost.

"Are you okay?" he asks, worried.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." I look at the time on my phone. "Holy shit."

I get up quickly, grabbing my shoes and slipping them on.

"What?" Dillon asks, confused.

"I have to go to the airport to pick up a friend," I say.

Today, my best friend, Ariana, comes back home from her world tour and I am very excited to see her again (I also need a female friend).

"Is it a boy?" he asks.

"No."

"Then I'm okay with it," he says, causing me to smile to myself.

"Do you want to come?"

"Sure, why not? I'm going with you everywhere lately."

"I know. You should leave me alone for a while, I'm getting pretty sick of you," I joke.

"Now that you said that, I'm going to spend every minute of the day with you."

"You can't. I'm a busy person."

"So?"

"You can't come with me to meetings and other stuff." he looks for something to say.

"You've won this battle."

We both leave the house and decide to go in Dillon's car, since it's bigger.

The whole ride to the airport, we have been being idiots, but together. Singing along loudly to songs, joking around, being terribly sarcastic.

That's what I like about Dillon; he is always fun to be with. Right now, I'm just craving cuddles and cuteness. But I guess that's what I have Justin for.

And Julian whenever I see him.

We walk into the airport, the cool air hitting us. Thank God, I find a Starbucks to grab a coffee as I wait for Ariana.

"So, what's your friend like?" Dillon starts a conversation.

"She's Ariana Grande," I say.

"Really?! I didn't know you guys were friends."

"Best friends actually," I say, and guess who comes running towards me.

"Maddie!" she shouts with excitement. I stand up and run over to her. We wrap our arms around each other.