Chapter 35

Martin's POV:

"Maddie, I want to tell you the truth."

Here we go. I'm about to tell her everything I feel. I'm about to tell her I really love her.

She looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows. Her makeup is a little ruined, but she still looks perfect.

"Okay," she says softly.

I attempt to gather all my courage and inhale deeply. She stares at me intently.

"I..."

And I hesitate at last minute.

"I told Ian and Paul, and they went and finished what I started," I say the best lie that comes into my mind, although it's not exactly good. "Because Selena's dad walked in on us three and I had to stop fighting Justin."

"Oh," she laughs shortly. "What happened when he walked in?" and she believes me.

"I just got up, off Justin, and walked past him, out the door."

"And that is when you talked to Ian and Paul, later on, you came to my room for me to clean you up."

"Pretty much."

"Speaking of which, the foundation I applied on your face has come off already."

"Oh, yeah, I kind of rubbed it off by accident." she giggles.

I'm finally a few blocks away from her house, already with an idea in mind.

"Look, now, we are going to stop by your house," I start explaining. "You are going to have to be as quick as you can, and get all of your most important things. Then, when you get back here, we'll go to my house and you'll be staying there until you get a new place."

"When did you plan all that?"

After a few seconds, I answer:

"Before you said goodbye as if it was forever and entered your wedding."

And we kept silence until I got to her house (or former house). During that moment, she took off her heels and her jewelry. I noticed that she was wearing the diamond necklace I gave her last Christmas.

As soon as I stopped the car, she opened the door and got out sprinting, holding her dress so that she doesn't stumble on it. Thankfully, she understands the situation and that she has to be really quick.

I wait for about, five minutes, until she hurriedly comes out of the mansion with various bags and a big suitcase. I get out of the car and help her.

We get in the vehicle again and I notice that she isn't wearing her wedding dress anymore.

"I just left the dress on top of the bed," she says, as if she just read my mind. "I got a lot of important things, was I quick?"

"Judging by how many things you got, yes," I answer. "I'm surprised no one has come yet."

"I'm glad about it." she starts taking bobby pins out of her hair, undoing her coiffure. "Won't I be bothering you by staying in your house?"