The Voice - Victor

ALAN: The name Victor Imanal, in my theory, is an anagram. If I'm right, it's an anagram for...

Victor finally came back to his base. He was excited by the fact that Alan would arrive soon. And when that moment comes, he will finally be able to get revenge.

For all five of them.

He began to remember the time when he was first created, when The Five Clones worked together perfectly against Alan Becker, caring about each other while fighting against a stronger enemy. Victor smiled at the memory of all of them debating about their group name, since only four of them are clones. But Five Clones sound better than One Original and Four Clones, so they settled down on that name.

And what happened to the group now?

When Victor cloned himself in The Box, there was a lack of cooperation, and the team almost lost. What was worse was why they had almost lost. The team had no empathy for each other, continuing their plan to try to win despite more and more of their members burned to death.

Doing nothing as one of them died right in front of them.

Victor wished he could feel empathy again. But he knew it would be impossible, at least for now. The trauma from the incident had caused him to lose his empathy, no matter how hard he tried.

This is why the team almost lost. This is why four members had died.

The real Victim wouldn't be like that. The real Victim wouldn't have no empathy, doing nothing to save his teammates when they are in danger.

Who even am I?

He was becoming cruel and uncaring, just like the person that he was fighting against. He was becoming the person he hated the most.

He was becoming Alan Becker.

This was not the first time he had thought about that question, a question that he reminded himself every day using an anagram, and used the anagram as his own name.

Victor Imanal.

Victim or Alan?

A voice appeared in his head. A voice that he had heard many times.

Victor, you're not like Alan. You are actually trying your best to feel empathy, despite it being hard, and that itself proves that you care. Alan was being cruel just for his own entertainment, but the missing empathy of yours was caused by an accident. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over.

But... Won't you hate me? For what I did during the accident?

Any normal person would do that, Victor. Besides, you actually tried to save me before it was too late. I want you to remember that.

Thank you, I feel a bit better now. Thank you for supporting me for all those months. I am very lucky to have TWO mental supports. Otherwise, there would be no way I could have made it to today.

You're welcome, Victor.