The Fire

October 2, 2014. 

All the preparations were done. It was time to begin the experiment. The plan was to see if they could give Victim - the original one - superpowers. And if it works, then they try it on everyone else.

The machine activated as fluids were injected into Victim's body. Everything went according to the plan.

But suddenly, the machine exploded. Soon, fire was everywhere as parts of the building began to collapse.

Victor managed to escape to the exit. However, one of the clones was crashed under a pillar. Victor tried to pull him out of the debris, but it was no use. The clone was trapped, and there was no way he could escape. And if Victor stayed there, he would die as well.

So Victor made a decision that he would make him hate himself ever since.

He escaped. Alone.

The clone... That was me! I remember a bit now...

That was how I died...

Victor was the only one of The Five Clones who survived the fire. Although he had escaped, there were consequences. He constantly cried over the deaths of two others, and he hated himself for not being able to save them. The depression had lasted for a very, very long time. And when it ended, something else had happened. His emotions were blocked away, and he could only feel sadness for a short amount of time before it becoming the feeling of emptiness. There was also another change, a change that despite reduced the guilt of the clone's death, but had also made his self-hatred even worse.

His ability of feeling empathy towards others was completely destroyed.