The Agent

January 4, 2012.

Victor was quite impressed.

There was a young man who came out as the first place out of the International Combat Competition. Although he does have the Physical Body Flexibility Disorder, he managed to overcome some of his disadvantages by his training and unique fighting methods.

The Physical Body Flexibility Disorder, also known as the PBFD, is a disorder that is very rare. Stick figures who have the disorder have limbs and their torso completely straight, and their joints are sharp compared to the smooth curve of most stick figures. This makes them not as flexible as those without the disorder, and there had been many stereotypes, one of them being that they were weak and couldn't fight properly.

Which, of course, was wrong.

After the competition was over, Victor quickly began to try to find the young man. He wanted to recruit him, it would be great if that man would join as one of the mercenaries.

When Victor finally found the young man, he was in a small alley surrounded by many others.

"You cheater," said one of them, "If it wasn't for you, we would have won today!"

"I didn't cheat!" said the young man, "I won the competition fair and square!"

"Liar," said another one, "How could one with that disorder possibly win? You freak."

The others began to beat up the young man. Although he was skilled in one-on-one combat, he couldn't fight against so many people at the same time.

Victor was shocked. His body froze as he was trying to figure out what was happening.

He suddenly remembered what had happened to him, and his flashback began to overlap with the present.

Victim, being attacked and killed for absolutely no reason.

The young man, being beaten up for something the wasn't even his fault.

Victim was created to be killed.

The young man was born with the disorder.

And both of them had been mistreated terribly.

Victor knew that he had to save this man. He quickly pulled out his weapons and joined this fight.

The young man woke up in the bed of Victim's house.

The last memory he had before falling unconscious was hearing the screams of the attackers. Someone must have helped him.

He could feel the bandages on his body. The person who had given him them is most likely the one who had saved him.

But, who was it?

Victor walked into the room where the young man was.

"Are you feeling better now?" asked Victor.

"Yeah," said the young man, "Were you the one who saved me from them?"

"I just can't stand them attacking you for no reason," said Victor, "It's not right to doubt your skills just because of that disorder."

"Thank you," said the young man, "I... I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Can you see...what happened to my eyes?" asked the young man, "I couldn't see anything well ever since the middle of the battle. My vision is extremely blurry, and I can't tell any objects from another."

Victor went silent for a moment. Then he replied.

"Your eyes... They have permanent vision damage. I'm sorry."

He paused for a moment before continuing.

"However, I did try to make something that might help. I'll let you try it out, let's see if it works."

Victor gave the young man a pair of special glasses that looked like regular sunglasses from the outside. The young man put the glasses on, and he was shocked.

"I... I can see again!" said the young man excitedly, "I mean, it's not perfect, but it's good enough for my day-to-day life. Thank you so, so much!"

"I forgot to ask you something," said Victor, "I was originally going to ask you about whether you would like to join the Rocket Organization. You would be an excellent fighter and could help us in the future."

"Of course!" said the young man, "I would like to help you."

"By the way," said Victor, "I've heard of your name before, but accidentally forgot... What was your name again?"

"My name?" said the young man.

June 1, 2024.

It was raining outside. Victor stood silently before a grave, remembering everything the two of them had experienced together.

He sighed. Victor kneeled down to place the flowers before the grave. Then, he placed down a pair of special glasses, before looking at the name carved on the grave again.

Why... Why did I have to lose someone again? Why?

He softly called the name of his friend, of the person he had once saved, of the name on the grave.

"Smith. My name is Smith."

"Nice to meet you, Smith. From now on, you'll be known as...

Agent Smith."