The Decision

The Dark Lord knew that his final plan was also destroyed.

Second seemed to have figured out most of the password - well, except for the part that not even him knows - but he knew it was only a matter of time before the last piece of the password would get decoded.

It was now or never. He had to make a crucial decision. Again.

"Chosen," Dark took a deep breath, "I... I have to confess something."

"What is it?" asked Chosen. Judging from Dark's tone, it must be something serious.

"Before I explain, I just want you to know. I don't want to betray anybody, which includes you," said Dark, "But there is another friend of mine who I also don't want to betray. That person...is Victor. I've been trying to hide this from all of you, but now that Second is about to solve the password... I just can't anymore. Can we... Can we not stop Victor's revenge?"

"You... YOU'RE STILL HELPING HIM?!" asked Chosen, "HE'S TRYING TO KILL-"

"But Alan..." said Dark, "Don't you hate him? Why did you suddenly decide to help him?"

"Because..." said Chosen, "He had become a better person now. I mean, I know he did terrible things in the past, but... Killing him? Why would anyone-"

Dark accidentally hit the control panel. Suddenly, data about Victor showed up on the screen. Both The Chosen One and The Dark Lord saw the file name, the real name of the leader of the Rocket Organization.

Victim.

"V-Victim...?" The Chosen One was shocked, "He's... He's Victim?"

"You two...were the same person?!" asked Dark.

"Everything... Everything made sense now..." said Chosen, "That's why he wants to kill Alan, he was almost killed by him seventeen years ago... Of course he would beat me up in The Box like that, because after helping Alan, I was basically a traitor..."

Meanwhile, The Voice was communicating with Second.

I want to understand your point of view of Alan. Can I take a look at your memories with him?

If that's the only way I can convince you that he's not evil anymore, then go ahead.

"I think..." said Chosen, "I think we should convince him that Alan is no longer evil."

"As long as you're not hurting him, I'm okay with it," said Dark.

"Chosen and Dark," said The Voice, who just finished watching Second's memories, "I need information from the two of you."

"Why?" asked Dark. Somehow, the tone of the voice was different from Second's, but rather similar to another voice he had heard before.

"I have a theory," said The Voice, "A theory that can only be confirmed if the two of you help me. And if the theory is true..."

"Then everything can finally be explained."