The Voice - The Dark Lord

King Orange and The Dark Lord walked towards the end of the hallway.

"Do you recognize this?" asked The Dark Lord as he took off the Vira Band on his left hand. Beneath it is a device that is attached to The Dark Lord.

"Is that..." asked King Orange, "One of those things that alters your code?"

"Yes," said The Dark Lord, "I was created to be a killer, so I had no empathy. This device is my only way of feeling empathy, to make me not kill anyone for no reason. I wonder what kind of person would I become if I decided to not use it..."

October 24, 2020.

The Dark Lord finally returned to his base. The first thing he did was to destroy everything that represented his friendship with The Chosen One. The photos they had together, the projects they made together, all ended up burning in the anger of The Dark Lord.

He looked at the last thing he hadn't burned yet. It was a small device, one of the most recent projects he had made with Chosen.

It was made to let Dark feel empathy. To fight against the code inside him.

Don't destroy it, Dark. Don't destroy it.

A mysterious voice showed up in his head. Although he was confused, a part of him told himself that this is someone that he could trust. The voice sounded familiar, almost as if he had heard it before... But he just couldn't remember.

You don't want to be controlled by your code, right? You have to be free, Dark. Freed from the code that was always trying to make you do things that you don't want to do.

But I hate The Chosen One now. It wouldn't matter anymore if the code is trying to tell me to kill him. Because that's what I want to do now.

He attacked you because he thought what you were evil, Dark. Because he thought that you were ruthless and couldn't change. So prove to him that he was wrong. Prove to him that you are not evil.

The Dark Lord hesitated, then put the device on.

"It doesn't look like it's working too well," said King Orange.

"I know," said The Dark Lord, "I could only feel a little bit of empathy, and I'm still trying to figure out why it won't destroy my original code."

But deep down, he knew why it wasn't working. Each time, he rejected the idea, but he knew it was true. His will for the revenge was helping the code, and therefore fighting against the device.

mission.The_Dark_Lord = destroy(The_Chosen_One)