Ch-8 One Big Lie

Sometimes you gotta accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.
~Unknown

You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.
~Unknown

I took a lukewarm bath because the temperature is already rising. The bath allowed me to relax and clear my mind, but it wasn't long before I was thinking plenty about my situation again.

I still remained calm enough to complete my tasks for the day; go to Dakota, buy Paisley a birthday present, pick up some clothes I'll actually fit in. Paisley turns sixteen in two days and I wanted to get her something special. What exactly, I'm not sure yet.

I'm also going to pick up some maternity bottoms because I only have two skirts that don't reveal my belly. Hopefully I can pick up a couple pairs of pants and shorts that don't look like maternity wear.

I dried off and pulled on a black maxi skirt that was sure to draw the sun and cook me alive. I slipped on a white shirt that hung loosely. If there was only one baby in there I would barely be showing yet, but with two, I have to be extra cautious.

I put my hair in a bun and applied as little makeup as I could get by with. Cute black sandals with bows were the last thing I put on before saying goodbye to my parents and taking off to Dakota.

The mall was considerably packed due to it being a Friday and the summer. This is where all the teenagers spend their summer vacation. I browsed the stores, mostly looking for Paisley's gift. As I walked from store to store I noticed a baby clothes store with tiny little onesies in the windows.

The sight of the onesies jerked at my heart strings because I know I'll have two little human beings to take care of in just seven short months. I decided to step inside and look around, even though I have no intentions on buying anything until my family knows and I find out the genders.

I picked up a pink onesie that said, 'Daddy's Little Girl'. That definitely got me emotional because I don't even know if my babies will get the privilege of having a father in their lives.

I continued browsing through the onesies and moved on to the baby shoes, where I found a pair of booties that are made to look like cowboy boots. I am so getting these next time I come down here.

"When are you due?" I heard a female voice ask. I wasn't sure if she was talking to me, but I turned to the noise anyway. I didn't even realize the pregnant woman standing a foot to my right.

"Oh I'm not-" You know what? I don't know anybody here, so why hide it? "February twenty third with twins." I smiled a genuine smile. She rubbed her large stomach. I pulled my shirt tight against my skin revealing my baby bump further. "How about you?" I felt my stomach as I waited for a response.

She searched through the rack of infant onesies. "I'm due September third with a baby girl." She couldn't wipe the apparent smile off her face. It made me sad that I'm not as happy as I should be, like that woman is. We made small talk for a few more minutes before we parted ways.

Having no luck at the mall except for at the food court, I decided on TJ Maxx which I noticed on the way here. It can't be more than a few blocks away.

I left the parking garage and paid the toll. I put TJ Maxx in on my GPS and it quickly brought up the quickest route. I didn't hesitate to take it. It didn't end up being very quick after all. I hit nearly every stoplight and the traffic was horrible. I could never live in a place such as this. I would pull my hair out.

TJ Maxx wasn't as packed, but it had it's share of customers. I didn't expect to find a gift for Paisley there so I went straight to maternity clothing. The aisles were empty so I had them all to myself which made me more comfortable. I'm most desperate for a pair of jeans and shorts. I've been wearing skirts and dresses for weeks on end.