Ch- 51 Drinking Problem

"Why are you still so mad?" Cole asked as we walked out of the doctors office. The boys had check ups today in Dakota and after this I have a prenatal appointment.

"You got fired from your job Cole," I recapped irritatedly.

"I told you I'll get another job," he buckled Josiah into his car seat while I buckled in Jaxon.

"It's whatever just shut up about it," I snapped and attempted to climb into his awfully high truck. It's every pregnant woman's nightmare.

"Need help?" He asked as I tried to get in. He boosted me from the back and I got in successfully.

"I think we should sell this truck for a family car," I suggested knowing I would get a reaction out of him. He loves his truck, he would never sell it.

"You're funny," he told me. "I'm more of a family man than I thought I would ever be but I draw the line at my truck," he laughed but I know he's serious.

"I'm just kidding. You can keep your truck," I teased and grabbed his hand, holding it while he drove. "Mama thinks we need a date night so she said she'd watch the boys one night if we want," I told him and looked back at the boys who already fell asleep for a nap.

"Where would you wanna go?" He asked and I sighed. Can't he even try to be romantic and think of something on his own.

"I haven't put my dancing boots on in awhile. What do you say we go line dancing? I haven't been since before I got pregnant with the boys," I suggested while squeezing his hand.

"But you're pregnant," he placed his hand on my belly and gave it a rub while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Yeah pregnant, not handicap. What do you say? Are you the dancing type?" I asked and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I think I might surprise you," he looked at me and then returned his attention to the road.

"I'm excited. I used to love dancing," I smiled and rubbed my belly. "Looks like little miss gets to go along."

"The boys are going to be jealous," Cole joked and put his hand on my leg.

"They spent enough time hanging out with me for nine months. They can spend time with their grandma for one night," I laughed. Not that I don't love my babies because I do, I just want one night where I can relax or enjoy myself.

"Do I get to hang out in you?" He joked, actually he was serious. I showed no reaction because I'm so used to his inappropriate comments.

"You can hang out on the couch tonight," I teased but placed my hand on his upper thigh.

"You're sending mixed signals Jess. Don't mess with me like that," he tried to keep his eyes on the road.

I removed my hand from his body and smirked. Cole is rubbing off on me. That's not a good thing.

We pulled up to a traffic light and it was flickering red, showing that it was broken. Cole got tense and one of the wires sparked. He leaned down in the truck and squeezed his eyes shut, gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles were white.

"Babe," I put my hand on him and felt him shaking. "Cole. Look around baby. It's a broken traffic light," I tried to talk him down. He started breathing heavy and the cars lining up behind us started to honk.

"I'm sorry," he cried angrily.

"It's okay. The boys and I are here for you. We love you," I assured him and panicked on the inside. I don't really know how to help him. He slammed his fist against the steering wheel and I flinched.