Ch- 21 The Good Talk

"Is that the last box?" I asked with my hands rested on my lower back for support.

"Just about. We have to get that last box in the corner and carry out the bed," Austin told me as he picked up a heavy box, carrying it out of the new nursery. "I'm gonna miss this place," he added.

I followed him out of the room waddling after him. "Thank you Austin. This means so much." I thanked him with endearment. By him giving me his room for the twins helps me feel a little more prepared. Honestly I hadn't even thought about where they would even be sleeping.

"What else was I going to do with it?" He questioned rhetorically and I stopped following him at the top of the stairs because I know he'll be back up in a second and there is no use in walking up and down the stairs.

Austin has been coming back to Mill Creek for the past two weekends to clean out his room. Stacy hasn't been coming with him but he tells me that she's doing well and hasn't had any morning sickness yet. She's super lucky.

With each week that passes the day Cole comes back gets closer. In one week from tomorrow I am going to ride with his family to the airport to pick him up. I'm really nervous because I'm finally adjusted to the way life is going and throwing him into that is going to mess everything up... hopefully for the better. Tomorrow I'm going over to Carly's to talk to Cole again which is the first time since we got into that argument but I can tell him that the idea of adoption is out.

"How late are you staying tonight?" I asked Austin as he came up the stairs.

"I'm leaving after dinner," he answered as he picked up the last box. I took a seat on the recliner in his room that he is leaving for me. It rocks back and forth so it has potential to be a good nursery chair. "Why?"

"Just curious. So do you have any name suggestions?" I questioned as I rubbed my belly. The boys are being active today so I'm hoping they'll sleep well tonight.

"Junior," he mentioned and I laughed.

"Yeah no. Maybe you can name your kid that but I'm not." I laughed some more and rocked back and forth in the chair.

"I know it's bad. I just wanted to see what you would say." He chuckled and carried the last box out.

I leaned back in the chair and stretched out. This is the most comfortable I've been in awhile. Before I knew it I was dozing off but was quickly woke by my many noisy siblings running through the house making car noises. My sons are never going to get any sleep when they're born.

"Hi," I heard a familiar voice but it wasn't one I was used to hearing everyday. I opened my eyes and looked towards the doorway.

"Emily?" I questioned with wide eyes. What is she doing here? I struggled to climb out of the recliner but finally I did it.

"Hey Jess, how you feeling?" She asked timidly. I'm confused.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. What about you? How are you doing?" I quickly asked and walked over to her, giving her a fast hug.

"Great. I'm doing really great." She replied and I played with my thumbs not really knowing what to say. I don't even know why she's here. "I'm sorry that this is so unexpected I just wanted to see how you are doing. What are you six months now?" She walked further into the bedroom.

"Seven," I corrected precariously as I did the math in my head to check. She nodded her head as she viewed my stomach. She looked sort of uneasy and cautious.

"I forgive you," she blurted out and I looked up at her. "For what you did. I'm sorry that I didn't make things any easier on you but it was hard to know what you two did," she spoke in past tense but her tone signified that it is still hard.