Ch- 25 Kisses

It had been a few days since Thanksgiving and all of my family had gone home. I enjoyed the company of them all but after awhile you just want some peace and quiet.

Everything was back to normal again: Dad continues to show disappointment, mom is accepting and tries to help, Cole and I don't speak and I'm still pregnant for another couple of months unfortunately.

Jesse helped me construct the crib Carly had bought and it sits alone in the nursery with the rocking chair. Obviously I'm highly unprepared for the arrival of my sons but hopefully everything will work itself out before then.

The bell on the entrance door in the yogurt shop rung and snapped out of my thoughts. I glanced over at the opening door and recognized Ella. Shortly after her, Cole followed and lead her to the machine that dispenses the yogurt. I turned my head the opposite direction of them hoping they wouldn't notice me.

Cole helped Ella make hers and put toppings on. When I thought they were walking towards the register I returned to looking in that direction. Ella caught a glimpse of my face and ran over to me yelling my name. I smiled at her and picked her up, setting her on my lap.

She let out a laugh and poked my belly. "What that?" She asked... again. Nearly every time she sees me she asked about it though she should know since she is the one who told Cole I was pregnant.

"That is my belly," I explained again and ran my hand over it. I heard Cole's heavy footsteps near us and I looked in the direction of the noise.

"Let's go Ella," he gestured and held out her yogurt for her to grasp.

She ignored her big brother and he waited impatiently. "Why big?" She asked curiously as she poked my stomach.

"Because there are babies in there," I told her and set her down off of my lap. She still looked confused but shrugged it off.

"Ella take this and go sit down at that table," Cole told her and handed her the ice cream he had bought for her. She licked her lips and eagerly took it from him.

"Yum!" She yelled out as she listened to him and wandered over to the table.

"Are you doing better?" I blurted out without thinking. It's none of my business nor should I care. He nodded his head hesitantly.

"A little. Every day is different," he answered and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. "I don't think I'm going to that appointment," he said truthfully. I already knew that. I never really thought he'd actually go but I thought I'd try.

"That's your choice," I leaned back in the chair feeling bloated from eating most of my yogurt already. "I'll cancel the appointment," I told him as I took another bite of the strawberry yogurt despite my stomachache.

"Hey what do you say we grab some lunch or some-" he started but I cut him off abruptly.

"No I'm sorry but I'm not doing it again. The fighting, the crying, everything. I'm done. I'll let you know when the twins are born. That is if you want," I told him with a sad smile. It may seem rude, what I'm saying but my life has been less stressful since we stopped talking and if it could stay like that, it would be great.

"I do want, Jessalynn. I want the boys to be healthy and happy and if that means that I stay away from them then so be it. What ever you think is best. I trust your judgement. You are going to be a good mom to our boys," he walked away leaving me with those terrible words. Sure maybe what he said was responsible and mature but that pisses me off.