Ch-43 Again

So maybe Hannah was right. I feel just a tad more motivated at her place. Her apartment is right in the middle of town so you can always hear bustling traffic and people chattering. It makes me feel energized and like I should go out and do something like all of these people around me.

Hannah is already off to her classes. I'd like to go out but I wouldn't feel safe with it being just me and the boys, and especially walking because I don't have a car at the moment. Add that to the list of problems I have. I'd love to go out and get a job but the boys are only a month old, I feel like I can't leave them. Plus there is no one to babysit and I've heard too many daycare horror stories.

My phone ringing caught my attention and I looked over at the screen. Cole is calling again. "Hello," I answered and looked down at Josiah in my arms. He's been alert for more than a half of an hour and is such a happy little guy. I've been making silly faces at him and in turn he makes little noises.

"Hey," an awkward silence fell between us and oddly enough I didn't feel like yelling at him. But I don't necessarily feel like talking to him either. "I went by your house today," he mentioned and I nodded.

"Okay," I mumbled.

"You weren't home. Your mom said you are at Hannah's," he said. "I came by to see the boys."

"Yeah I'm at Hannah's," I confirmed and rocked Josiah back and forth.

"When are you coming back?" He asked and I thought about it.

"I don't know. Probably a day or two," I told him and smiled down at Josiah because he is babbling on and on in baby talk.

"Is that Josiah or Jaxon?" He asked, obviously hearing Siah.

"It's Josiah," I answered and put the phone on speaker. "Siah say hi to daddy," I told Josiah and tickled his little tummy. He cooed earning a little chuckle from the both of us.

"Hi Josiah," Cole said back and I put the phone up to my ear again.

"So I guess I'll see them when you get back," he concluded. "I got the house. I was thinking we could put a few things for the boys in the other bedroom that way I can help you take care of them more," he suggested. Where is the real Cole and what have you done with him?

"That sounds like it could be good," I said in reply. The apartment door flew open and Hannah came storming inside, slamming the door behind her. Maybe it wasn't that dramatic but it definitely didn't seem usual for Hann. "I have to go," I told him and then ended the dreadful call.

"Hey Hannah," I greeted her and stood up from the couch.

"Hey," she said happily and walked towards me after setting her bag down.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern. I know she's been off lately. Something, whether it be big or small, is wrong.

"Oh nothing. Let me see my handsome nephew," she smiled again and scooped Josiah out of my arms.

"Hannah," I stopped and placed my hand on her shoulder getting her attention.

She took a deep breath and looked down at Siah. "Justin and I separated two weeks ago," she explained as she wiped her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm so sorry," I hugged her tightly and didn't let go. "What happened?" I asked as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"He started to be different, and so rude to me like I'm one of the guys and he canceled our plans to have dinner with my parents as we were getting ready and then he just left. He wouldn't tell me why. Then he said I was being too clingy lately and broke up with me," she told me, while trying to hold back tears. "And he just followed me to my car trying to apologize and get back together," she explained. How could I be such a bad friend that I didn't even know they broke up weeks ago? And she's been worrying about me.