Ch- 28 Walk Away

"Look at you with that big belly Jess," Aunt Bev approached me when I came down the stairs on Christmas Eve in the morning. Everybody arrived yesterday evening and we're all tired so we didn't get to talk much.

I held my belly with one hand and my chest with the other. I'm having terrible heartburn and I'm afraid that if I speak I'm going to have acid reflux.

"Hey auntie Bev," I quickly said and walked towards the living room where mostly everyone was.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and I shook my head no. "Not that great?" She questioned.

"Not at all," I admitted and sat on the couch.

"Hey Jessalynn," my cousin Anna said. I didn't look up at her but I recognized her tainting voice. We are two weeks apart, I'm older, and she has been with her boyfriend for three years and is in college as well as the valedictorian of her freshman class. She thinks she's better than me.

"Hi," I said distastefully and laid down on the couch.

"How does it feel being all bloated and fat?" She let out a chuckle to make it seem like it was meant to be funny. "I couldn't imagine being pregnant right now. Dakota and I want to wait until we're married to have babies and sex of course," she smiled warmly or at least she tried, to hide her bitchiness.

"It feels pretty darn crappy right now Anna so if you could give me space that would be nice," I laid my head back and squeezed my eyes shut. I really wanna tell her to go fuck off but that wouldn't blow over well in my family.

"Oh my goodness so the darnedest thing happened yesterday," Aunt Bev hurried into the living room. I opened my eyes to pay attention. "So me and Pais ran to the store after we got here and she pointed out your baby daddy," she continued and at this point I was just praying that's where the story ended. "He is hot by the way. So I stopped him and introduced myself. He was so friendly. I invited him to have Christmas Eve dinner with us but he insisted he should be with his family," she concluded.

"Oh Auntie you're so crazy. Mama didn't tell you we were fighting?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"Well about what are you two griping about now?" She put her hand on her hip. I bit the inside of my cheek while contemplating where to start.

"I'm just waiting on him to grow up," I shrugged and ran my hands over my face stressfully.

"It sounds like he's trying. How old is he again? I'd say he's twenty five by looks," she guessed. She's kind of close.

"He'll be twenty three in nine days," I told her and she rubbed my belly.

"Oh wow he's so much older than you," she was shocked. "You're stomachs getting hard. Are they moving right now? I wanna feel the little guys," she asked eagerly.

"I think they're sleeping," I told her. I felt around my stomach and they weren't moving. "Yep they are," I figured.

"Wake them boys up," she smiled and I sighed. It's my body that becomes the punching bag and I'd rather let them sleep. "Come on Auntie Bev wants them to move around."

I poked around my stomach and found an arm or leg that was close to the surface of my skin. I poked and prodded before rolling over trying to cause discomfort for them. What a bad mom I am. "Ow fuck," I grabbed the nearest pillow and clutched it tightly as my uterus contracted hurting like hell. Damn contractions. I let out a grunt at the pain and leaned my head back as it finally ended.

"What happened to my little Jessa?" My auntie asked and I let out a breath of air.

"A contraction," I said and rubbed my belly feeling a little wriggling. I think that woke them up.